Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anyone swapped the "tray" for a 2nd cupholder???

Don't really need a "change drawer", but it might be nice to have a 2nd cupholder... for when I have a passenger who is also thirsty....

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
I would rather have two trays.. that cupholder in the dash is pretty worthless.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Don't go there........

Tried swaping the coin tray for the in dash cupholder, Thank You wingrider, at the Homecoming last year. The cupholder there presents two problems.

1. It's difficult to get the key in and out of the ignition w/o removing the cup.
2. Occasionally turning the wheel when cornering your hand hits the cup and you wear your drink instead of consuming it.

Had the dealer reverse them after a month of use.

P/P

Peace:flag

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Focks said:
I would rather have two trays.. that cupholder in the dash is pretty worthless.

My cupholder has worked great - I have an older SSR mug from Chevy Mall (got it BEFORE the SSR) that has a somewhat narrow base - so it fits the cup holder well! Only holds 12 oz's or so, but I've had no trouble with it...

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yes yes yes

Purple Penelope said:
Tried swaping the coin tray for the in dash cupholder, Thank You wingrider, at the Homecoming last year. The cupholder there presents two problems.

1. It's difficult to get the key in and out of the ignition w/o removing the cup.
2. Occasionally turning the wheel when cornering your hand hits the cup and you wear your drink instead of consuming it.

Had the dealer reverse them after a month of use.

P/P

Yes this will happen..........I didn't try it ......(thank the lord) But figured it out before screwing up.......Just leave the coin drawer open and visualize a cup of hot coffee there.....You'll get the point!!!!!!!!!!:agree

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I put my cell phone in the coin tray...It even stays there sometimes:banghead

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Passenger Cupholder on Console

For clarification, I am looking for the passenger cupholder on the console, not the one on the dash.

Anyone have one they want to sell ?

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
I have one that is vertically slotted if it will work.

P/P

·
OP
8,225 Posts
dealer

Ordered one yesterday from the dealer for $60, pretty high price, but needed a back-up...just in case, I figured I better get it while I can since last June I needed a verticle one for driver's side and they were no longer available, found one stashed on a dealer shelf and paid $30 for it, but it was the last of the mohicans in the area, so I grabbed it.
Good Luck

·
Registered
260 Posts
cup holder

I have an extra cup holder and am not using it, Make me an offer I cant refuse plus shipping.
I want to save enough for the guages.
Anyone have 2003 guages available, Cheap.
Sandy
BlackSSR03:smash

·
Registered
260 Posts
Cup holder still available

I still have he vertical cup holder available, anyone interested ?
Make me an offer.
Thank you
Sandy:flag

·
OP
8,225 Posts
pm full

BlackSSR03 said:
I still have he vertical cup holder available, anyone interested ?
Make me an offer.
Thank you
Sandy:flag
Tried sending you a pm but it is FULL.
I made you an offer in a previous pm but did not hear back from you.
Make some room and send me a pm so I can respond with an offer.
Thanks
OP

1 - 20 of 20 Posts