Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to purchase a RH Tailgate Hinge Box Shield GM 15118158. If you have the set, I would also purchase the LH Shield GM 15118159.

Thanks, Gib

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hinge box

Are you wanting the plastic piece that’s on the quarter that’s covering the hinge arm? Sorry don’t know the part numbers. I bought a right quarter for the sheet metal and maybe would have what u want.
Jeff

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you wanting the plastic piece that’s on the quarter that’s covering the hinge arm? Sorry don’t know the part numbers. I bought a right quarter for the sheet metal and maybe would have what u want.
Jeff
Jeff,

The hinge box shield fits down inside of where the tailgate hinges reside when the tailgate is closed. They are made of rigid black plastic or ABS and held in place by a single bolt that is reached from underneath the rear of the truck. There is a right and left side and cannot be interchanged. They keep water and road debris from being kicked up into the cargo compartment. I have a picture/thumbnail in my post in the Tech Forum.
Thanks, Gib

Reactions: BlueStreak

·
Mike and Karyn
2,373 Posts
Want to purchase a RH Tailgate Hinge Box Shield GM 15118158. If you have the set, I would also purchase the LH Shield GM 15118159.

Thanks, Gib

15118159 you can get at vintage parts
Vintage Parts Inc.
(Beaver Dam, WI)
FREE Ground Freight & SAME DAY shipping for orders placed by 4pm CST. Shipped on Open Account. 30 day return on ALL orders & no MINIMUM order charge. Call 877-846-8243 or go to www.vpartsinc.com. Prices may vary call us for correct pricing.
855 18 11/28/2017 (877) 846-8243

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vintage Parts Inc.
(Beaver Dam, WI)
FREE Ground Freight & SAME DAY shipping for orders placed by 4pm CST. Shipped on Open Account. 30 day return on ALL orders & no MINIMUM order charge. Call 877-846-8243 or go to www.vpartsinc.com. Prices may vary call us for correct pricing.
Thanks, Mike. I'll see if they have the RH side too. That is the one that is broken.

Gib

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats funny I took both of these off the SSR I just parted out, but I trashed them because I thought who would ever need this part. LOL
Mike, more like funny sad, not funny Ha Ha. Who would have ever known? Apparently there is not part on a SSR that is not sacred in that it could potentially be used by another in time. Thanks for sharing.
Gib

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vintage Parts Inc.
(Beaver Dam, WI)
Mike, called Vintage and they confirmed that they have 16 of the 159, which is the LH side only. They unfortunately do not have any of the 158, which is the one that I currently need. Thanks anyway for your help.
Gib

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hinge cover

I have only the right( pass side) hinge cover. I tried to send a pm but won’t let me because I don’t have enough posts. Send me a pm and maybe I can help u.
Jeff

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have only the right( pass side) hinge cover. I tried to send a pm but won’t let me because I don’t have enough posts. Send me a pm and maybe I can help u.
Jeff
Jeff, just sent you a PM. Included my email and cell phone number.
Many thanks,
Gib

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jeff
Jeff, just sent you a PM. Included my email and cell phone number. Have attached a photo of the part - does not show the top piece that broke off that has the mounting hole in it.
Many thanks,
Gib

Attachments

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’ll check my parts, may have both sides.
oldxr,

Any luck in your parts collection?

Thanks for looking. Gib

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Jeff

Bought this one from Ssrjeff56 and it arrived today. Now I can repair my broken one and keep it for a spare. Thanks much Jeff!

Gib

1 - 15 of 15 Posts