Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
I highly recommend Mike's transmission cooler.
A cheep version of a transmission cooler was installed in an 05 SSR I had perviously owned.
It was the type that is mounted on the A/C condenser and the radiator with plastic ties.
It was not mounted correctly, vibrated and wore a hole in the A/C condenser.
I had to replace the A/C condenser - not cheep!
Mike's transmission cooler is custom fit to the SSR and is mounted to the metal bars in front of the A/C condenser/radiator.
You may need to move the outside temperature sensor to the bottom left vent opening to get correct readings

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Important on how you run the lines. If you are going through the factory cooler still, route it then into the optional cooler then back into the transmission.

·
Tech Support/Research
1,683 Posts
Transmission Cooling

A simple and effective option (other than installing a separate cooler) that works well for street use is adding a deep finned aluminum transmission pan. The aluminum dissipates heat better than steel, the fins also improve heat transfer, and the extra 2-3 quarts in fluid capacity aid in keeping transmission fluid temperature down. I use a PML Part Number 9427 (https://www.yourcovers.com/transmission_pans.html), which I believe is similar to the one of the pans offered by Simple Engineering.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,065 Posts
A simple and effective option (other than installing a separate cooler) that works well for street use is adding a deep finned aluminum transmission pan. The aluminum dissipates heat better than steel, the fins also improve heat transfer, and the extra 2-3 quarts in fluid capacity aid in keeping transmission fluid temperature down. I use a PML Part Number 9427 (https://www.yourcovers.com/transmission_pans.html), which I believe is similar to the one of the pans offered by Simple Engineering.
It is, in fact, the same pan.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Mikes Cooler.

I installed Mike's cooler a number of years ago. Plug and play. It has worked well.

Jack

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok

thank you guys for the info. I emailed mike last night about tranny cooler and tranny & diff covers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts