Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

· Boop Op A Doop
31,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Called my service manager the R is going in next Tuesday for warrenty work. This weekend is supposed to be beautiful and I don't want to be without her!

While in MV it rained heavily, the inside of my cab was soaked! I know the passenger window is not engaging properly. They fixed the drivers side for me last time I had it in. However both sides were wet :( Condensation built up in the cab and I was bummed out to say the least!!

The passenger door lock mechanism fried and won't work with the DIC or Key-less remote. I'm thinking it fried due to water inside the door panel?

I have a few docs that have been posted for other work I am having done but would like to know it any of you can direct me to more docs of the above problems and what they did to fix it for you?

My service manager loves it when I take these documents into him he doesnt like to see me unhappy.

I have problems with the roof rubber seals when it gets cold here after being in the summer warmth for awhile they seem to work better.

· Registered
11,392 Posts
If the dealer can't fix it......I don't think FUZZY is too far from you, eh? :)

· Thank You To Our Troops
20,572 Posts
Damned ole Maggie Valley rain. It is sunny this weekend (original dates of the MV rally :jester ) but it is cool. We got a frost watch tonight. :eek

I hope they get it straightened out for you Deb. I hate it when something is wrong with my SSR.

· Boop Op A Doop
31,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deb, If they can't fix it then you and Steve will just have to come on down and I'll take care of it for you. :)

Thanks Bill

I was hopin you would have posted as you have most of the knowledge on these babies. If it takes a trip to TN to fix it........... so be it!!! I am not getting rid of it!!!!!! I have 15,000.00 plus miles of some very special times with this ride :grouphug

Hate to be emotionally attached......but I am :)

Mine is stored at all times in the garage. I didn't know I had the problem until MV's down pore. Sure am glad it happened cause now I know it's gotta be fixed and fixed fast :)

· Registered
11,392 Posts
Mine is stored at all times in the garage. I didn't know I had the problem until MV's down pore. Sure am glad it happened cause now I know it's gotta be fixed and fixed fast :)

Those of you who keep it in the garage should pour a heavy amount of water in the seal areas the next time you wash your truck BEFORE your warranty runs out just to see if you have any problems......

· Boop Op A Doop
31,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Service Work

Dropped the :ssr off this morining...............tuff to do considering temps are reaching upper 80's today :(

Steve at Buff Whelan assured me he will get me squared away as soon as possible.

Steve said he's got a Slingshot in with top issues......is that you grimmye?

Hate it when it's gone :banghead

BTW.....Ghostrider, Steve loved the SSR dashmat and wanted to know if you can get them made for other models?

· Registered
2,665 Posts
Sorry to hear that your SSR is leaking. Been there done that. Hope yours takes less time than mine. ONce they find the problem, you won't have it again. Leaks are a real bummer to find, but once detected accurately, they are good or better than new!:black:

· Premium Member
5,594 Posts
ALSO check the door speakers for damage. I had all these seals replaced, Roof and rear gate, a year ago. I advise using a product for lube and protection of the seal/weather stripping. The best is Krytox and is made by Dupont and is a Fluorinated grease, (about $40), Wurth has a rubbercare gel stick ($17) and 3M has a lubricant and preserver ($17 up) It would be wise to use a dressing product that has UV rating, such as Armorall etc :thumbs

· Boop Op A Doop
31,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Part Number Help

Talked to Steve at Buff Whelan today the lock mechanism on the passenger door was broke. The door will not shut now and the part is on back order and may be awhile. They had to tape the door shut :banghead All other parts are only 2-3 days. I can't even take it back for now cause I can't drive it with the door the way it is........................PLEASE HELP GET ME THIS PART!!!

Need part number 15115932 Lock

· Boop Op A Doop
31,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Talked to Steve at Buff Whelan today the lock mechanism on the passenger door was broke. The door will not shut now and the part is on back order and may be awhile. They had to tape the door shut :banghead All other parts are only 2-3 days. I can't even take it back for now cause I can't drive it with the door the way it is........................PLEASE HELP GET ME THIS PART!!!

Need part number 15115932 Lock

NEVER MIND

STEVE JUST CALLED ME BACK THEY GOT THE PART.....SHOULD BE IN TOMORROW

· Boop Op A Doop
31,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She's Ready

She's ready for pick-up :party

For the roof and tonneau water leak issues....Steve told me they realigned the roof and tonneau cover to fit the rubber stripping. Hoping that's all it needed! It's going to rain here this weekend.....hate to do it but I'll be leaving her out in the rain to be sure :yesnod

Passenger door mechanism was replaced :banana now I won't have to reach over to lock the door anymore :D

Tink:

They fixed it with the part# Mike in Az gave me......so I will see if this worked. This is my second issue with this.

Picking her up later today :D

· Boop Op A Doop
31,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Top Issue-Water Leak

:( She's going back in :banghead

Passenger side is still leaking........ side of seat , seat & inside door panel was wet. :banghead
I'm going to take a picture of where it's leaking maybe someone can help with a fix issue.

Driver-side was fine except for a little water inside the door sills. Is it normal to have a little water inside the door sills? Or should the inside be dry?????

Frustrated HRG :cuss

· Boop Op A Doop
31,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Top Leakage Area

Please help if any of you can.........this is the area that is leaking on the passenger side (inside). I also took a photo of the drivers side so you can see the difference. I have PM'd Freezer to see if he can direct me to a proper fix. Thought I would post the pictures for you to see in case you should or did have the same issue.

Attachments

· Premium Member
24,583 Posts
Please help if any of you can.........this is the area that is leaking on the passenger side (inside). I also took a photo of the drivers side so you can see the difference. I have PM'd Freezer to see if he can direct me to a proper fix. Thought I would post the pictures for you to see in case you should or did have the same issue.

If you find out... let me know... I've had my dealership replace it three times & it still leaks.... but in S. Ca... not a huge problem... so I've kinda' just lived with it...

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.