·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for posting this, need a set for the Z06/SSR. :thumbs

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also use that Mr. Clean Autodry Car wash system on my SSR and the family truck. Didn't know what to expect at first but it surely works. Since the filter takes out the minerals in the water .... it leaves no spots. ( Even washed in the blazing sun a few times ). The water "does" come out from the mirrors, but it still dries spotless because it's filtered water that came out.

Good stuff

·
Registered
277 Posts
Chris-in-Cali said:
I also use that Mr. Clean Autodry Car wash system on my SSR and the family truck. Didn't know what to expect at first but it surely works. Since the filter takes out the minerals in the water .... it leaves no spots. ( Even washed in the blazing sun a few times ). The water "does" come out from the mirrors, but it still dries spotless because it's filtered water that came out.

Good stuff
Can tell you don't own a Smokin Asphault SSR, the mirror runs do show and I have to go over them after a short drive.. The Mr. Clean System does work very well..

·
Registered
601 Posts
Chris-in-cali,

I am glad that you like it. I tried it on my yellow. I was dissappointed with the job it does and the pressure of the water that comes out of it. I took the one that was given to me and thru it in the trash. I will stick with hand washing my vehicles. I feel I do a better job.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Mr Clean

I'm another one who like the Mr Clean setup. It has been the only wash that I have used on it. I do admit that I get impatient waiting for it to dry. I let the windows dry off then shamy the rest of the car. It works for me. I even took it to the Woodward event. Down side is keeping track of the filter life. :cool
Doug

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Lazy

I use it when I'm lazy, or in a hurry. Works pretty good if you're gonna run the road right after. If I'm serious about the whole thing, I'll break out the Zaino wash. Wildcat66 introduced me to the California squeegee at the Topcats show.- works better than a chamois and much faster

·
Registered
168 Posts
Didn't work for me

I first bought the blade after seeing good reviews on this site. It took a while to get the hang of it, the right angle and the wrist motion for "sweeping" water. I thought it was going alright, but when I was done...water spots. They were smaller, but I ended up spraying a fine mist again and hand drying.

Then I saw lots of people here bragging up Mr. Clean, so I bought one. I was again disappointed. I could tell the water beaded and ran off much more than without the Mr., but in the end...water spots.

I'd still love to find a quicker way to clean my SSR, but if it leaves spots I have just wasted my time. I guess my rural water might have more minerals or be harder than yours. Or maybe this Zaino thing has just made me harder to please. It looks so sharp after a good polish that I probably see water spots that wouldn't have gotten my attention before. Somehow even the chamois doesn't seem to satisfy me any more.

Oh well, I will keep an eye out for another method, but might not be so quick to part with $30 or $40 next time.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Wiper blade

houtex said:
I use it when I'm lazy, or in a hurry. Works pretty good if you're gonna run the road right after. If I'm serious about the whole thing, I'll break out the Zaino wash. Wildcat66 introduced me to the California squeegee at the Topcats show.- works better than a chamois and much faster
I found out something that is even faster... by using an old Winter Wiper Blade it becomes the perfect squeegee for that task. It will take off about 98% of the water fast, safe and easily! The huge size of the blade and the fact that it is fully covered by soft rubber allows for no scratches and makes for quick work. Try it you will like it!:)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mr. Clean

I use and love my Mr. Clean setup. What I'll do is clean the car by hand and then give it a rinse with the Mr. Clean soap and the Ionized water. Sure, I'm basically washing my car twice, but the Mr. Clean part is fast and my car shines nicely and keeps that shine for a long, long time.

Important - don't drive your car til its dry! Otherwise dust from driving will get in the water and you get spots again. I had a friend bitch endlessly about Mr. Clean until I pointed this out to him :rolleyes:

You can also hit a local car do it yourself carwash and do the spot free rinse there. I wouldn't recommend using their brushes tho!

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,531 Posts
I've used the "Mr. Clean Auto Wash" system for several months now (including several washes of my former 03 SSR). It seems to work well. The main rinse water is the unfiltered water which has full water pressure and flow. Once you've rinsed it with the regular water is when you reset the water setting to the filtered water to go over the already rinsed areas with filtered water to make sure nothing "bad" is left behind from the regular unfiltered water.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just used the Mr Clean Autodry Car Wash for the first time. Boy, it worked
great! Sure is faster than regular washing and left no spots at all!
I am hooked.
I think I am too lazy to try this Zaino system everyone is talking about.
Sounds like a lot of work; but it must be an awesome shine when finished.

Anyway, just wanted to say I really was impressed with the job the Mr. Clean system did.

Yet another tip I have learned about from this site; boy this is a great
resource for us SSR owners!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts