Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a straight on shot of their water fall area? I need one of any color SSR especially any other color than silver... :lol Hey... just havin a little fun with my silver friends. ;)

What I am looking to do is photoshop one of your photos and then placing the sample OEM badge image I have into it.

Please post your photo as an attachment here in this thread. "Straight on Shots" ONLY

Thanking you in advance for your help.

·
OP
8,226 Posts
will this work

Hope you can use this

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
Should work, it's REDLINE...........

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

Marc maybe the best, is a measurement up from the cross crease. (where the two halves meet)

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Fuzzy - you can't cover that artwork with the badge!!!!!!

Great job - the shading makes for a great 3D look.

Someday, I'm going to need to locate the thread where you describe the paint work you did.

I want to attempt some stripes in Candy Apple and Tangerine - don't know if I can achieve it, but between your work and Cruzned's you set the bar pretty high.

Ray

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
Flassh said:
Fuzzy - Someday, I'm going to need to locate the thread where you describe the paint work you did.

I want to attempt some stripes in Candy Apple and Tangerine - don't know if I can achieve it, but between your work and Cruzned's you set the bar pretty high.

Ray

I think it was the thread "she's comin apart cap'n".

Find it and print it, then put it with your ideas folder.

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Thanks, Fuzzy. Done

It's in my House of Kolors folder. By the way - access to HOK is a bit difficult. I know their product is excellent. Access to Dupont is much easier - do they have product that compares to HOK? ie - base coat, candies, clears?

Ray

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two for show... :)

Ok, here is a quick Photoshop sample for you to look at the GM Badge size and location area.

Actual size and location might vary slightly ... this is just a sample view only. If you look at the SSR Signature Series waterfall area that should be closer to the approximate size and location for these badges.

Attachments

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blank SSR badge Only!

Scott 0168 said:
Marc, could you show a picture of the Chevy SS flags on the badge in the space under the SSR? Just a thought :)

;)
Scott,

That sounds like a great idea but since the OEM supplier won't be adding any lettering or images to the badges it is best for me to leave it a lone for now and just let the individual owners decide what they want to do with their blank badge.

BTW: The blank SSR badge looks super to me.

Just My .02

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
hok, dupont, ppg

Flassh said:
Dupont .....- do they have product that compares to HOK? ie - base coat, candies, clears?

Ray

Dupont has base coats, and pearl coats (hot hues), but so far as I know they do not have Kandies at this time.,

PPG has Bases, Pearls, and Kandies (radiance colors).

Sem has Kandy concentrates that will mix with what ever clear you use and are much less expensive.

HOK also has concentrates to add to what ever clear you use. These are great for door jam areas or smaller graphcs. Althought they prefer you use their Klear.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I beleive HOK is coming out with a new color catalog this year due to some new chrome type bases being offered. Can't wait to see these in person.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Lookin Good!

I thought it would go lower on the water fall, like half way between the seam and the top of the water fall. but I do believe they should all be installed at a predetermined height so that when there is a gathering of SSRs, the badges are at a uniform height.:)

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
I agree - wouldn't take much to include a template with a distance from the break between the upper and lower panel to the bottom of the badge, based on the position on the 25 signature series.

The answer should be available by late March, when the last run SSRs are hitting the street.

Ray

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Template needed!

41chevcoe said:
I thought it would go lower on the water fall, like half way between the seam and the top of the water fall. but I do believe they should all be installed at a predetermined height so that when there is a gathering of SSRs, the badges are at a uniform height.:)
I will ask Bob W. to provide me with a template and an installation instruction sheet so that I can supply them with each badge.

Yes we certainly want them to all be in the precise location i.e. as the Final Production Run badging to make them all look the same and uniform too. :thumbs

PS. I believe the height of the SSR Signature Series badge shows us where they should be applied. At that proper height the badges would be seen very easily.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Marc NY said:
It looks super right there too... :thumbs
:agree
Looks Great!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts