Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,429 Posts
Wow. Thanks Guys. Your feedback is much appreciated. I must admit that I am not a mechanic and this is new territory for a computer guy. Personally, I have neither the tools or the experience to tackle a replacement by myself. A couple of answers though to some of the questions:
1. The Bozeman, Montana GM dealer: Ressler Motors
2. The Indio, California GM dealer: Coachella Valley Buick GMC on Highway I-10
I have tried to take a photo of the issue but it appears to be a leak around the piping connecting the hose to the metal housing of the pump assembly.
Such a mess. Who can afford a new water pump every time they get an oil change?
I am expect the local GM dealer to call me today with an update. They were struggling to understand why I was only charged $270 in 2015 for the labor when they expect $570 today??? Either way, I am frustrated at all of this.
Thanks again.
After looking at your photo, it is easy to see that you have had one of the "typical" water pump failures. My 2006 had this issue when it had less than 12,000 miles on the odometer. All covered by warranty. GM should warranty this whole thing, since it is a MANUFACTURING DEFECT in the way the pump was built. This IS NOT a wear issue at all........

my 2 cents,

Mike

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,887 Posts
Something fishy!!!

·
Daily Driver
8,808 Posts
No, GM figured out the perfect balance of water pump, thermostat, and routing for keeping the engine exactly where they want it. Too hot or too cold messes with the electronic controls.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
After looking at your photo, it is easy to see that you have had one of the "typical" water pump failures. My 2006 had this issue when it had less than 12,000 miles on the odometer. All covered by warranty. GM should warranty this whole thing, since it is a MANUFACTURING DEFECT in the way the pump was built. This IS NOT a wear issue at all........

my 2 cents,

Mike
Exactly where the pump on my FPR leaked with less than 5K miles on it. Replaced with the new design for GM and it leaked also, replaced again and no leaks, 15K + miles and 3+ years later. Bill

21 - 27 of 27 Posts