Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions about wax, polish, water spots, clay bars.

In have used Macguiers(sp) for several years thinking the yellow paste was the always the best wax possible. I have looked at Zaino and a few others and considering the changes in finish thought it might be time for a chnage. I read reviews and they didn't have much good to say about my old standard and Zaino seemed to be the preferred treatment.

I have had several black rides and no matter how hard I tried the swirls eventually showed up. I used glaze to hide this, but I would prefer to avoid the swirls.

Now I have the Blue Blur, no swirls so far, but a lot of water spots on the flat surfaces from sitting on a lot for 6 months, they won't wash or wax off. I have read about clay bars, but don't want to chance any swirls or fine scratches. Yes the dealer might clean it up, but I don't want to chance any mistakes, they already drilled my front bumper for plates, bone heads.

I read about Zaino, so I don't need a step by step on how to use it. I do want to know how the clay bar performs and if there is any swirling. I would like to know if you all think Zaino is better than the rest, no arguing please, lol.

How can i keep my baby show car nice, and still use it it daily??? :skep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Reddawgy said:
I have some questions about wax, polish, water spots, clay bars.

In have used Macguiers(sp) for several years thinking the yellow paste was the always the best wax possible. I have looked at Zaino and a few others and considering the changes in finish thought it might be time for a chnage. I read reviews and they didn't have much good to say about my old standard and Zaino seemed to be the preferred treatment.

I have had several black rides and no matter how hard I tried the swirls eventually showed up. I used glaze to hide this, but I would prefer to avoid the swirls.

Now I have the Blue Blur, no swirls so far, but a lot of water spots on the flat surfaces from sitting on a lot for 6 months, they won't wash or wax off. I have read about clay bars, but don't want to chance any swirls or fine scratches. Yes the dealer might clean it up, but I don't want to chance any mistakes, they already drilled my front bumper for plates, bone heads.

I read about Zaino, so I don't need a step by step on how to use it. I do want to know how the clay bar performs and if there is any swirling. I would like to know if you all think Zaino is better than the rest, no arguing please, lol.

How can i keep my baby show car nice, and still use it it daily??? :skep
I'm not one for endorse products, but Zaino does work great. I've a smokin asphalt (black) SSR so you can imagine the constant work to keep it looking great? I had water spots on the rear deck that I couldn't get out before Zaino. The clay bar treatment does work, I even did the glass to get the spots off of them. I've never had a swirl problem from the beginning, maybe the extra money I spent buying the protective coating from the dealer prevented them? An Aqua Blur should be an easy task to keep shinny and spotless?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
I have been to detail forums, car forums, and general auto forums...consensus is ZAINO rocks...
 

·
Tu-Tone club member
Joined
·
5,780 Posts
Never used Zaino before this forum. Have done both vehicles and would not go to anything else. A complete family of products for the entire inside and outside of your vehicles. I'm sold.

P/P

Peace :flag
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Zaino's instructions

(I think) are to use the clay bar in only one direction. This should eliminate any streaking, plus I used only elbow grease.......no buffer, worked GREAT!
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
Joined
·
9,315 Posts
clay bar works great

Our area has really hard water and there were many water spots on the UV when we brought it home. After reading about Zaino on this forum we ordered it, used the clay bar and it worked wonderfully. It also worked to take out minor scratches on the finish. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Concerns about Zaino

Reddawgy said:
I have some questions about wax, polish, water spots, clay bars.

In have used Macguiers(sp) for several years thinking the yellow paste was the always the best wax possible. I have looked at Zaino and a few others and considering the changes in finish thought it might be time for a chnage. I read reviews and they didn't have much good to say about my old standard and Zaino seemed to be the preferred treatment.

I have had several black rides and no matter how hard I tried the swirls eventually showed up. I used glaze to hide this, but I would prefer to avoid the swirls.

Now I have the Blue Blur, no swirls so far, but a lot of water spots on the flat surfaces from sitting on a lot for 6 months, they won't wash or wax off. I have read about clay bars, but don't want to chance any swirls or fine scratches. Yes the dealer might clean it up, but I don't want to chance any mistakes, they already drilled my front bumper for plates, bone heads.

I read about Zaino, so I don't need a step by step on how to use it. I do want to know how the clay bar performs and if there is any swirling. I would like to know if you all think Zaino is better than the rest, no arguing please, lol.

How can i keep my baby show car nice, and still use it it daily??? :skep
Reddawgy,
I have had several show cars in the past 30 years. I used to enter all of the BIG, MAJOR, indoor shows. I used to swear by several coats of Mcguiars # 7 show car glaze, followed by several caots of Harley yellow carnuba wax (Harley is a brand of wax, not associated with the motorcycle company) Don't get me wrong, this provided an awsome gloss, but that is old technology, not to mention a LOT of work. I started using Zaino when I bought my Aqua Blur. It is my daily driver. IMO you will not find a better and easier polish to use than Zaino. Clay bar first, then apply Zaino. Extremly high degree of gloss, no swirl marks, and protection that last. This polish cannot be beat. Hands down the best finish I have ever used, and I have used a lot of different techniques. I currently use nothing but Zaino products, inside and out. They are the best!!!!!! :) :) :)
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, great responses guys, and exactly what I expected considering the reviews I have read. I ordered the kit and am looking forward to getting that just waxed look to last a little longer, and without swirls. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the feedback.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ooh, now that you mention it i do have spots on my windows, especially the rear. Did you use the zaino on the windows after the clay? Is it safe for widows?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Darn Houtex your too quick.... I had a smart remark for your comma error but you corrected it while I was writing... I'll be a little faster next time, but good save.... :lol :lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,382 Posts
Removing Water Spots

If you've got really bad water spotting, try spraying it down with CLR - Calcium, Lime, Rust remover.

If you let it sit for 10 minutes or so, then hose it off, the water spots should be gone. It's an automatic process for us when spring detailing customer boats. We have some very high mineral content in some of our lakes, and the CLR cleans them off beautifully.


It is a weak acid, so not a good idea to leave it on, and also not a good idea to spray it upwind - man that can burn!!!!

Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Reddawgy said:
ooh, now that you mention it i do have spots on my windows, especially the rear. Did you use the zaino on the windows after the clay? Is it safe for widows?
Hey Reddawgy,

Zanio does have a glass polish that works great on the windows, but any glass polish should work. It may take a couple of apps then a second cleaning with a good glass cleaner do get rid of the spots and film on the inside of the windshield but once it's awsome.
After the full Zanio treatment, my Aqua Blur looks great, stays cleaner, and is easier to maintain.
Good luck.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,665 Posts
Fred Edick said:
Darn Houtex your too quick.... I had a smart remark for your comma error but you corrected it while I was writing... I'll be a little faster next time, but good save.... :lol :lol
And so where's your apostrophe "you're too quick"........ :rolleyes: Would have been a lot of miles in a year and a half :lol
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, 3 days after using the clay bar on the whole car, twice on the rear fender tops and bed lid, it looked good. After 2 coats of zaino it looked great. The bed lid looked like water, deep blue water, but no more spots. The MacGuiers yellow paste I had put on a week earlier already looked to be yellowing in the intense sun here. So far so good, we'll see how it cleans up and lasts. Thanks for the info guys. :)
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
Joined
·
9,315 Posts
Reddawgy said:
OK, 3 days after using the clay bar on the whole car, twice on the rear fender tops and bed lid, it looked good. After 2 coats of zaino it looked great. The bed lid looked like water, deep blue water, but no more spots. The MacGuiers yellow paste I had put on a week earlier already looked to be yellowing in the intense sun here. So far so good, we'll see how it cleans up and lasts. Thanks for the info guys. :)
:thumbs

Remember, that clay bar also works on scratches! :)
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top