Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a suggestion for those coming to the area Thursday, in advance of the official Finger Lakes Run kick-off on Friday.
How about dinner at senecalodge.com on Thursday nite?
On previous trips to Watkins Glen, we've stayed there, dined there, and hydrated ourselves at their most unusual tavern.
Check out the Seneca Lodge website . . its rustic, charming, historic, and funky.
Sugar and I haven't been there for a few years, and Thurs nite will be our only chance to return.
Dinner is served 5-9pm, and if any of you care to join us, lemme know and I'll make reservations for 5:30.
Or just show up. Reservations probably aren't needed for a Thurs nite.
Can't wait to see some of you characters again too!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. I called the Lodge to confirm seating for Thursday nite. No problem. Most all of this past weekend's
Vintage Race fans will be gone by then, and they don't take reservations anyway. We might be the only track drivers there. Hopefully I can get your autograph. ;-)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome.

There will probably be some wet weather, so take your time, Claudia. We'll be there till they throw us out @ 9PM.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow.

Thanks for the link, Claudia, it was so nice to hang with you and Ed at The Glen.
Any SSR guy (or gal) would love that museum. . . we could gape at those cars and talk crap all day long.
Northeast needs a Newport, RI Run.
The Mansions, an Ocean Drive / Lighthouse Run, an SSR themed kite flying event . . . am I reaching here?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,380 Posts
Thanks for the link, Claudia, it was so nice to hang with you and Ed at The Glen.
Any SSR guy (or gal) would love that museum. . . we could gape at those cars and talk crap all day long.
Northeast needs a Newport, RI Run.
The Mansions, an Ocean Drive / Lighthouse Run, an SSR themed kite flying event . . . am I reaching here?
There are definitely some Mansions in Newport that would bee a nice background for a picture of SSRs. and some of their lawns would serve nicely for parking with the ocean in the background as well. Do you have the connections?

·
Tech Support/Research
1,682 Posts
Cars and Coffee/ Auto Museums in Newport, RI

The Audrain Auto Museum holds "Cars and Coffee" cruises monthly at various venues in and around Newport, RI during the Summer/Fall seasons. A couple of weeks ago the event was held on the grounds of the Marble House mansion. This coming weekend it will be held at historic Fort Adams, later back at Marble House and then at the Elms in October. Open to all, no museum membership is required.

Events Page New - Audrain Auto Museum
https://www.discovernewport.org/listing/audrain-automobile-museum/2035/

The Newport Car Museum in nearby Portsmouth, RI is also an interesting site to visit.

https://newportcarmuseum.org/
https://www.discovernewport.org/listing/newport-car-museum/3972/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts