Chevy SSR Forum banner

wax

2K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  WOW_FCTR 
#1 ·
I wanted to know what everyone out there is using to wax their SSrs, Im using Zymol.
First time Im using it so I dont know how long it will last. Goes on easy and comes off easier.
I guess Im form the old school in that if you dont have to struggle to take it off its not working.

#2 ·
Wax

Many years ago I used to use Liquid Glass on many of my vehicles, I read alot about Zaino a few years ago and have since switched to it for my special vehicles. It is only available via the web, or a few local distributors, and is rather pricey. True gloss fanatics use all the directed steps and products which gets even pricier but I just use the basic polish with my own prep and get excellent results.

For my everyday vehicles I've always liked NuFinish and still use it on occasion.

If interested, do a search for Zaino on the internet and you will find alot of info and comparisons with it. I have also heard that there is a distributor or two here on the forum, a search might turn up more info.

:seeya

#5 ·
I love Zaino also but I have found a product that I think works better. I found this on the CorvetteForum.

It is REJEX - they use it on airplanes. GREAT shine but what I like the most is its anti-static properties.

Zaino gives great shine but after the first drive - lots of dust stuck everywhere! With the REJEX - wheels clean, butt clean, totally clean.

Just throwing out something different!!!

#6 ·
Get it where

QUIKSILVER said:
I love Zaino also but I have found a product that I think works better. I found this on the CorvetteForum.

It is REJEX - they use it on airplanes. GREAT shine but what I like the most is its anti-static properties.

Zaino gives great shine but after the first drive - lots of dust stuck everywhere! With the REJEX - wheels clean, butt clean, totally clean.

Just throwing out something different!!!
And you can get it at your local True Value Store..........:seeya

#8 ·
Wax/Detailing Products

You want to use the best products with the best results: try Adam's Premium Car Care Products. I have yet to see a RED SSR with the finish/shine that his products provide:) . People ask me if I've repainted my 03. I had tried numerous other products none of which can match his. Check it out, go to adamspolishes.com & watch his video. They are located in So. CA. Amazing stuff!
w.Spencer

#13 ·
Turtle Wax - old school I guess . . . .

alycebob said:
I wanted to know what everyone out there is using to wax their SSrs, Im using Zymol.
First time Im using it so I dont know how long it will last. Goes on easy and comes off easier.
I guess Im form the old school in that if you dont have to struggle to take it off its not working.
Now I don't feel so bad about being "old school". Have used TurtleWax on all my vehicles all my adult life. I can't imagine a better glassy glossy shine (I'm willing to concede its possible though). A lot of work, but the polish rags just skim across the surface when I throw them after I'm done. I use a spray detailer between waxings (every 3-4 months). 33,000 miles after this weekend run to Phoenix and looks fabulous (especially for a "work truck"). :rolleyes:

Interesting coincidence, alycebob. I bought my '04 Ricochet on February 11, 2005 exactly one year before you did ! ! :)

#14 ·
Ok it's time for our own little test!

I suggest that I let 4 people who think that their product is the best come to NJ and do 1/4 of my SSR at the same time and see who's looks better that day, then a week later and then a month later.

(Um....yes I might be trying to get a good looking SSR without having to do the work. :jester :jester )

Or....maybe we could do it at the Tail of the Dragon!
(Um....yes I'm still trying to get a clean truck without doing the work myself :jester )

#15 ·
Worlds Best Wax

I USE WORLDS BEST WAX CONNOISSEUR AUTO WAX THIS WAX IS EASY TO USE AND LOOKS GREAT ADDS ALOT OF DEPTH TO PAINT I ALSO USE THERE INSTANT DETAILER CALLED SURFACE REFRESHER WORKS EXCELLENT.....WWW.WORLDSBESTWAX.COM JUST MY .02

#17 ·
WOW_FCTR said:
Ok it's time for our own little test!

I suggest that I let 4 people who think that their product is the best come to NJ and do 1/4 of my SSR at the same time and see who's looks better that day, then a week later and then a month later.

(Um....yes I might be trying to get a good looking SSR without having to do the work. :jester :jester )

Or....maybe we could do it at the Tail of the Dragon!
(Um....yes I'm still trying to get a clean truck without doing the work myself :jester )
An interesting test with various products:
http://www.ffcobra.com/magazine/waxtest.html

#19 ·
You can also check gurureports.org I purchased the wax report from them after I first heard about Zaino.

Their tests are similar to the Cobra ones, but much more detailed and comprehensive.

One comment was that they needed to create a new category for Zaino, because it dramatically outperformed all others. The ones that surprised me were the results on the extremely expensive waxes (not great) and the report on Liquid Glass (really bad, especially staying power).

Looks like the reports are sold out, but they may have released information on their website as a result.

After reading the reports, I switched to Zaino, and would only make a change if another product was documented scientifically and independently to outperform it.

One major benefit I've noticed with Zaino. Heavy debris, such as tar or grease, comes off incredibly easily. I accidentally dabbed a red paint streak on my SSR when I was painting the calipers, and didn't notice it till next day. One spray of their detailer, quick wipe, and it was gone.

Ray

#20 ·
Dragon2U said:
An interesting test with various products:
http://www.ffcobra.com/magazine/waxtest.html
SSSHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....you are ruining my chances to get a free car wash :jester

Here are other tests:

Zaino wins even with handicapping.
http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/detailing/forum.php?postid=5504326&page=1

What about radar absorbing wax?
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/press/date/20000622/press018856.html

A Zaino not the best test?
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gheumann/zaino_test/

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.