Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 677 Posts

·
Administrator
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Community Members,

We are very excited to announce that we are live from the new platform! We have been working hard over the past few months with leading design and product firm to deliver a cleaner, faster and more engaging experience for you and your community. We have leveraged XenForo tools and features but added layers of modern design and technology to make the site run faster, smoother and overall be more reliable. All of the valuable and informative content archived within your community is still here, even though the layout may look a bit different. Check out some of the new improvements:

Engage with your community wherever you are and on the go!
The site is optimized for all screen sizes, including mobile. All features are available and ready to use on all devices.

Speed and reliability are the foundation of this new platform.
No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period.

Easy to use and navigate.
We have made the design clean and simple to focus on the areas the community uses the most and removed the clutter. The collapsed menu by your profile avatar will provide easy access to the most popular topics as well as Showcase and Gallery to view the latest photos from your fellow members.

Show off your own collection.
We have introduced “My Showcase” for you to build and display images of your own collection or wish list to the rest of the community. This is your opportunity to upload often and share your passion!

Feel the pulse of the community.
Your home page now features the most active topics, viewed photos, recommended reading and top contributing members. This will help keep you the most up to date on what’s happening in your community.

These are just a few of the great new functions and features to try on the site. Please take a tour and look around! If you have any questions, please check out the HELP section for some quick FAQs about the new platform, Help Section

Please let us know what you think about the new experience, your feedback is important to us.

Thank you all for your support during this amazing journey!

- Community Support

·
Administrator
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please don't be afraid to test out things to see how they display on the site.

Images look beautiful. (I took this one in downtown San Antonio.)

You can easily share videos just by adding the share URL and they display really nice.

Gif links from sites like giphy.com will display just by adding the gif URL.

I am also a huge fan of being able to bookmark a thread to have easy access to come back to it later. What features have you found that you like so far?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you did, I haven't
How To Change/Update Avatar

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “account settings” from the drop-down menu.

That will bring you to the account details page.

Once you click on your avatar, click to choose your file. Make sure to click “okay” afterward.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How To Find Account Settings & Preferences
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “account settings”.

Once you have clicked on “account settings” a new page will open. You can browse through the left side column navigation for the specific settings you are looking for.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you find.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
Dear Community Members,

We are very excited to announce that we are live from the new platform! We have been working hard over the past few months with leading design and product firm to deliver a cleaner, faster and more engaging experience for you and your community. We have leveraged XenForo tools and features but added layers of modern design and technology to make the site run faster, smoother and overall be more reliable. All of the valuable and informative content archived within your community is still here, even though the layout may look a bit different. Check out some of the new improvements:

Engage with your community wherever you are and on the go!
The site is optimized for all screen sizes, including mobile. All features are available and ready to use on all devices.

Speed and reliability are the foundation of this new platform.
No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period.

Easy to use and navigate.
We have made the design clean and simple to focus on the areas the community uses the most and removed the clutter. The collapsed menu by your profile avatar will provide easy access to the most popular topics as well as Showcase and Gallery to view the latest photos from your fellow members.

Show off your own collection.
We have introduced “My Showcase” for you to build and display images of your own collection or wish list to the rest of the community. This is your opportunity to upload often and share your passion!

Feel the pulse of the community.
Your home page now features the most active topics, viewed photos, recommended reading and top contributing members. This will help keep you the most up to date on what’s happening in your community.

These are just a few of the great new functions and features to try on the site. Please take a tour and look around! If you have any questions, please check out the HELP section for some quick FAQs about the new platform, Help Section

Please let us know what you think about the new experience, your feedback is important to us.

Thank you all for your support during this amazing journey!

- Community Support
How do I get back to the old view? I cannot find anything any more and HATE Red and White page format : please reply by email as I can't find today's post button/tab or whatever is requires to see a list of today's active post<SAD Sorry Situation>

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Leave to the I.T. people of the world to change things just after I have somewhat figured it out.
So far I'm not impressed.
Click on post go to first page, used to have option to start on last page.

Time to read the help and FAQ section hopefully it will actually help.

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,941 Posts
How do I get back to the old view? I cannot find anything any more and HATE Red and White page format : please reply by email as I can't find today's post button/tab or whatever is requires to see a list of today's active post<SAD Sorry Situation>
I can't figure it out either. No instructions. My favorite part was reading latest postings and now cannot figure out how to do that.

·
Administrator
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a whole new platform, so we can't go back to the old view, but I can help you find anything you need.

Have you tried the dark mod yet? For me, it is a lot easier to read.

How To Switch Between Dark Mode & Light Mode
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click the 3 vertical dots to open the drop-down menu and then click on “dark mode” or “light mode”.

How To Find New Posts & Use Filters
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the popular button.

This will open a new page where you can click to choose “new posts”.

You can also choose to set special filters or mark all posts read on that same page.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you find.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
It seems we only have 2 choices for the page colours red/default or Dark

·
Administrator
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leave to the I.T. people of the world to change things just after I have somewhat figured it out.
So far I'm not impressed.
Click on post go to first page, used to have option to start on last page.

Time to read the help and FAQ section hopefully it will actually help.
I can't figure it out either. No instructions. My favorite paer was reading latest postings and now cannot figure out how toi do that.
I posted tutorials above. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you find.

That is what I am here for. :)

·
Administrator
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Absolutely hate this new format, please bring back the previous one, there was nothing wrong with it.
Unfortunately, that is not something we can do.

As a long term member of this community, your feedback is important to us. We appreciate over the years that you may have just gotten used to how things worked even if they were slightly broken or sometimes unreliable. We know you deserve better.

Our goal is to provide you a platform that can deliver a secure, modern and reliable experience. An experience that can be continually updated and improved over time. To be able to provide a technology platform that could deliver that for you required a bigger change and bigger investment now to set up a new foundation.

We have several ways to help you through the transition in our FAQs and of course through feedback to our admins and mods. We sincerely hope the new platform provides a better community for you to belong to.

I am here as your tour guide and 100% here to help you find everything. :)

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Unfortunately, that is not something we can do.

As a long term member of this community, your feedback is important to us. We appreciate over the years that you may have just gotten used to how things worked even if they were slightly broken or sometimes unreliable. We know you deserve better.

Our goal is to provide you a platform that can deliver a secure, modern and reliable experience. An experience that can be continually updated and improved over time. To be able to provide a technology platform that could deliver that for you required a bigger change and bigger investment now to set up a new foundation.

We have several ways to help you through the transition in our FAQs and of course through feedback to our admins and mods. We sincerely hope the new platform provides a better community for you to belong to.

I am here as your tour guide and 100% here to help you find everything. :)

- Cricket
I don't expect I'll be here much any more. New format sucks!!!!!!! I was still using the classic format till today.

Now I have a choice between really bad layout, and darker really bad layout.

Where did the PMs go? Can't find that any more either.

Please give us back our old site.

This sure isn't my idea of a better community.

Where did our garages with all the photos go?

How do you attach photos??? Something that was so easy before now requires a whole new training process that I really don't want to bother with.

Sorry, guys, but now I'm sure I won't be back much.

I can't stand facebook so I never go there, even for pages that I should be involved with, like the Beach Cruise page, and this is looking a lot like facebook.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
First, congrats on the conversion. The overall site looks super clean and much easier to navigate overall. Of course it's different but better always is different IMHO.

Couple of questions on the personalization - we had badges prior: ROTM, 10YRS, etc. Those seem to be gone now. Thoughts on bringing them back in some way?
My particular avatar was a .gif (animated) and now does not work correctly. Are animated avatars unsupported?
Signatures - maybe i just missed them but how do you stylize those?

Again, like the new site, great updates - keep the tips/tricks coming!

·
Administrator
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like most of us, I am a creature of habit, so it takes me a bit to get used to changes. (The truth is, I was more than a little bit grumpy at first.) I was lucky enough to get the chance to play with the new platform before they went live with it so I am already getting used to it. I have to admit that I am crazy about it now. It feels so much faster and is easy to use after a brief learning curve.

I wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all the feedback and forwarding it to our teams for possible improvements in future updates. If you have any questions or just need directions, please let me know so that I can help you. :)

I don't expect I'll be here much any ore. New format sucks!!!!!!! I was still using the classic format till today.

Now I have a choice between really bad layout, and darker really bad layout.

Where the hell did the PMs go? Can't find that any more either.
How To Find Private Messages
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “conversations”.

First, congrats on the conversion. The overall site looks super clean and much easier to navigate overall. Of course it's different but better always is different IMHO.

Couple of questions on the personalization - we had badges prior: ROTM, 10YRS, etc. Those seem to be gone now. Thoughts on bringing them back in some way?
My particular avatar was a .gif (animated) and now does not work correctly. Are animated avatars unsupported?
Signatures - maybe i just missed them but how do you stylize those?

Again, like the new site, great updates - keep the tips/tricks coming!
The team is actively working on finding a way to replace the old badges. I hope to hear more about this soon.

Unfortunately, I don't think the platform allows animations within the avatars at this time.

If you click on your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site, you will see a drop-down menu. Select account settings. That will open a new page. On the left side of that page, you will see options, including your signature. At this time, signatures are basic (without color) to make sure they look good in light or dark mode.

- Cricket

1 - 20 of 677 Posts