Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Premium Member
Naturally my 1st pick would be THE SSR but, believe it or not my 2nd pick would be the ......... Ford Ranchero !!! Why ??? just like the style of it and it is different looking. tennesseecozydog :ssr

My First Permagrin !
Hi Everyone .
If you notice all the Hot trucks are RED !
The Lightning , Ram and El Camino where all on the list .
That said I couldn't be happier with my little RED SSR !
Permagrin Brotherhood !

Ms Donna's Driver
04鈥 Silver and 05鈥 Sinister
"older people started buying SSRs as midlife crisis cars. That killed the model, since it wasn鈥檛 cool anymore in eyes of the younger crowd" :surprise:

LOL....Thanks a lot, old people!!!!
:laugh:
Basically the reason I got Donna one. Had no idea at the time it was going to kill the market though.
鈥淲HAT WAS I THINKING ??? 鈥

Attachments

SSR Pit Crew
How did this guy come up with this theory? I'm sure "young people" either did a survey prior to purchase to determine who was purchasing these vehicles or maybe they saw the full page announcement of just "old people" buying R's in the paper?

Dave

Super Moderator
Exactly why I sold my last 2 Corvettes
It seemed the least I could do, as I was so afraid of giving the great American icon an old goat image!

Hmm, maybe I should buy an old goat

Premium Member
"older people started buying SSRs as midlife crisis cars. That killed the model, since it wasn鈥檛 cool anymore in eyes of the younger crowd" :surprise:

LOL....Thanks a lot, old people!!!!
:laugh:
Damn skippy! I've seen some polls on here of the demo for this ride and I think the median was north of 60, and that was a few years back. So since we tend to maintain and hold on to things, my bet is that number is probably approaching 70 by now. Is that old? Now that you and I are getting closer to it Cru, hell no!

Did we "kill the model"? Don't think so.....can't think of another halo car that still has our % still on the street. If they mean killed in reference to sales numbers, well, that was a business decision by Chevy to overprice it and keep the youngsters away. :wink2:

I do know, my trustee will have to dispose of mine.......and only because I can't be buried in it. [plot is too small]

Super Moderator
Damn skippy! I've seen some polls on here of the demo for this ride and I think the median was north of 60, and that was a few years back. So since we tend to maintain and hold on to things, my bet is that number is probably approaching 70 by now. Is that old? Now that you and I are getting closer to it Cru, hell no!

Did we "kill the model"? Don't think so.....can't think of another halo car that still has our % still on the street. If they mean killed in reference to sales numbers, well, that was a business decision by Chevy to overprice it and keep the youngsters away. :wink2:

I do know, my trustee will have to dispose of mine.......and only because I can't be buried in it. [plot is too small]
I guess we shouldn't diss this article too much but the guy has 2 cars (Ranchero etc are cars)
We wind up being the token tag on #10
I either want to be #1 weird or forget about it!

I am close to running a thread about One Owner SSR's
This article is at least a bit favourable but for the usual suspects, (Jalopnik maybe) they need to look at the numbers
There is an incredible number of One Owner SSR's
We can't all be weird - 70% max - HaHa!

Registered
I almost bought a Ford Ranchero as well. I really liked the 57 one. But I couldn't find one without tons of rust for a decent price. The SSR is way better anyway.

BAD BOW TIE
How did this guy come up with this theory? I'm sure "young people" either did a survey prior to purchase to determine who was purchasing these vehicles or maybe they saw the full page announcement of just "old people" buying R's in the paper?

Dave
Because the SSR cost $50,000 might have something to do with the younger folks not liking them. They would have to get a JOB and move out of their parents house! Ha! Ha!

Registered
Cash, So the saying that yesterdays 70 year old are todays 60's has changed. Yesterdays 70's are now todays 50's so we have picked up another 10 years. That means a lot more cruisin' and you should go buy your Corvette back.
John F.

Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Because the SSR cost $50,000 might have something to do with the younger folks not liking them. They would have to get a JOB and move out of their parents house! Ha! Ha!
You hit the nail on the head! :D

The vast majority of young buyers were not able to come even close to affording close to 50K for our trucks.

Dr Who
:wink2:Let's face it. The younger generation wouldn't know what to do with it if they had one. With the cover on the back they wouldn't have a place to throw their beer cans. Now us more mature types grew up in the 60's and 70's. We know cars. We know what's hot and what's not. The point is, we are behind the wheel of a SSR and their not......I can't drive 55.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts