Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 1sb option package which includes an upgraded sound system. Here's my problem. I live in a rural area and don't have a very broad selection of FM radio stations to choose from, unlike you urbanites who have about a zillion radio stations at your disposal. A couple of my "oldie, goldie, classic rock" stations are about 60 miles from where I live. I can get them loud and clear on my wife's Toyota Sienna van or my GMC Sierra C3 pickup truck but my SSR Bose system just barely picks up a faint signal. Is this just me or has anyone else noticed that the radio doesn't "pick up" distant stations. I love my SSR but just not real happy with the radio reception. I think it may be that the windshield antenna just isn't as effective as a standard type antenna.

·
Registered
136 Posts
radio reception

just picked up #2575 today and the only shortcoming i've discovered is the radio reception. hope we can get someone's attention

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Funny you should mention that.

I had exceptional reception from my radio. I was picking up stations I didn't even know existed......then I had the subwoofers installed and ...what? Bad reception! So of course I'm blaming the installer, who wouldn't. But they say that what they did should have had no affect on reception (the weren't near the head unit or the antenna). I have an appointment with them on Sat. to track down the problem. If I learn anything new, I'll let you know.

But I think you should take yours back to the dealer (since it's under warranty) and have them track down the problem. Since like I said, before I messed with it, the radio had the best reception I've ever had from a car radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts