1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Googled: "SSR Yellow" and found this:

(About 1/2 way down the page.) http://blogs.newsobserver.com/katrina/index.php
Weird sights abound here.

I think the most surreal would be the armed patrols wandering through the deserted streets. At some locations there will be a couple of guys stationary. But then, since the streets near downtown are laid out in a grid, you look around the corner and there is a patrol walking in typical army patrol.

If it weren’t for the tragedy this would make a terrific movie. Since I’m a big fan of sci-fi movies I have many times over the past few days expected to see zombies, mutants, aliens or god knows what pop out of a building or come down the street to attack the soldiers and people left.

One of the weirdest things is the truck, one of those futuristic Chevy trucks called the SSR. Bright yellow. It’s been sitting about 30 yards from the convention center on the street since we first got here. So what’s weird about it? There is not even a single scratch or dent. I mean all of the cars which were abandoned downtown (including several police cars) were seriously vandalized, cut tires, broken windows, dented hoods, some even set afire. But the SSR is fine.

This thing is located right where an estimated 10,000-plus New Orleanians took shelter after the storm. Yesterday when I walked by I checked it out closely. The only thing wrong was someone had opened the gas cap and checked for gas (maybe siphoned it out).

Of course, anyone who sees it speculates why it wasn’t touched. Maybe it’s owned by a big time (fill in the blank) drug dealer, gang member, or crime boss. But perhaps it was just so pretty and about the only thing physically untouched by the events spawned from Hurricane Katrina that no one could bear to deface it.
Posted at 10:58 am by Chuck in Katrina Notebook
2 comments | Permalink

Attachments

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Keith...Could that be a dent behind the gas tank opening??? I know he said he didn't see anything else, but........

P/P

Peace :flag .

·
Registered
216 Posts
Pretty sure the owner is pissed it's fine...no insurance recovery for YOU! :lol

ALSO pretty sure it's not owned by a fanatic, weuns r smater dan dat...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Could be Water Damaged

Digital said:
Pretty sure the owner is pissed it's fine...no insurance recovery for YOU! :lol

ALSO pretty sure it's not owned by a fanatic, weuns r smater dan dat...

Because of the flood, he SSR could be pretty much scrap. The owner may still be able to have insurance cover replacement.

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Flood

They will total the ssr because of salt water damage, any vehicle in a flood by the sea gets total because of electrical damage from the salt water. can use it for parts, that's about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts