Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I haven't posted in a couple months now, but I have been lurking and reading....

Tonight I drive my SSR back to the dealer and GM gets it back. Some of my persistent problems are still with me (like the roof tonneau failures, albeit slightly less frequently now) - and I've gotten a couple new ones (finally got the driveline Tink) - but all in all I've made the best of my time with'er ever since GM agreed to buy it back. Top down as often as possible, even if I had to work it back and forth a few times to get it to go.

The extended-time holdup was in finding me a replacement car - a C6 - and I ended up having to wait for a freshly-ordered one. But they said I could keep the SSR while that happened as long as I didn't rack up weirdo amounts of miles. I'm still under 5k miles and bought it April 23, so I think I'm good. The Vette landed Monday and the paperwork began.

I am actually very sad to let it go - as problematic as it has been, it's always the coolest ride on the block, and it suits my personality perfectly. I'm kind of second-guessing my decision not to replace it with another SSR (what are the chances of 2 lemons in a row, right?) but I was just so frustrated with it I couldn't do it. The Vette is the only other thing GM makes that's truly appealing to me, and the new generation is incredibly more comfortable and refined than the C5 I had briefly.

I also had the good fortune over the past month to see a whole bunch of SSRs in my area and give a big :seeya to, that was nice. Never really saw many before then around here.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll be back in an SSR someday - I get something new every couple years as it is. '06s may have all the little bugs worked out, never know.

You guys, have fun and keep on truckin'!

Dave Dixon

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
well thats tuff I hope you don't have anxiety issues once the smokin is gone. Have fun in whatever your drive and maybe you will be back in another SSR!

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Take Care!

Dave,

Sorry to hear about all of your problems with the SSR. But I think buying the C6 Vette is the right thing to do. I feel your frustration has in the past I have had a vehicles that I had to let go for the same reasons. Let's face it your not the only one with continuous problems on the SSR. I have a few of my own. Enjoy the Vette and who knows maybe you will still end up with a later model of the SSR.
Both vehicles are fun and great to drive.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
Hate to see ya' go Dave, but understand your situation. Best wishes, and enjoy that C6!

Blast

1 - 4 of 4 Posts