Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend at work has an 04 Hemi Ram 2 wheel drive with an upgraded exhaust and filter...He won't admit to it being chipped but why do the other if you are not going to do the chip?

He challenged to a race from a dead stop... I out ran him by 3 full car lengths before he gave up. Then he wanted to go from a roll and I put a good 2 to three on him before he gave up and that was way past the 120 mark...

I know I have a crap rearend in the truck but I could not take the abuse anymore of him calling it a show pony...

Both times I gave him the hit...

HEMI...it's what's for dinner!

Thought I would share it with yall..

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Ummm, toasted mopar

Steve, very impressive, how far past 1/4 mile did it go?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First pass was about a 1/4 and the second was a good mile from a 30 mph role off..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Boosted said:
A friend at work has an 04 Hemi Ram 2 wheel drive with an upgraded exhaust and filter...He won't admit to it being chipped but why do the other if you are not going to do the chip?

He challenged to a race from a dead stop... I out ran him by 3 full car lengths before he gave up. Then he wanted to go from a roll and I put a good 2 to three on him before he gave up and that was way past the 120 mark...

I know I have a crap rearend in the truck but I could not take the abuse anymore of him calling it a show pony...

Both times I gave him the hit...

HEMI...it's what's for dinner!

Thought I would share it with yall..
Steve,
Do you think posting things like this will hurt your warranty claim on the rear end? LOL :lol

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
As a tech at a chevy/dodge store i drive both and the 5.3 in a silverado will walk away from a hemi everyday and twice on sunday. The new hemi is nothing like the hemi of the sixties, it's just a big boat ancher.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Boosted,

It's getting hard to remember who has done what to their SSRs. Any under hood mods walkin that Hemi?

thatrhinoguy

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Coolant by pass on the t-body, T&T spacer, 160 degree slp t-stat, Green airfilter and a Diablo Sport Chip....

Not to much done here...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry to report I got blown away by a Civic

Yesterday I was exiting a n on ramp and a very tricked Civic smoked by me.
It was like I was tied to a post, he was that fast.
I gave up late as my ego would let me :ssr

1 - 15 of 15 Posts