Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
2003 Chevy ssr, smoking asphalt, with custom paint and flames.
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ssr people, finally got me a ssr after seeing them from day one but never pulled the trigger. i have a Plymouth prowler and enjoy showing it for the last few years but every time I go to the shows i see a ssr here and there and say like most people "man i like ssr's i always wanted one" i know this because everyone say's that about my prowler. the ssr came up for sale and it had flames. well so does my prowler! I know flames are not everyone's cup of tea but i like them.
I bought the truck and had it shipped to me pretty much pictures only but had faith in the place i bought it from, they were up front about everything. Thanks North Freeway hyundai. so when it was delivered to my house I started playing with it checking out the paint, going over the mechanics, and looking at the the general condition of the truck i was not disappointed the supercharger makes it get up and go, the paint has some clear coat issues but all in all its cool! When i bought the truck they told me it had a custom stereo system and some mods done to accommodate the equipment and it looks really good when you pop the bed cover. then I sat in the truck and well to say the least it sounded like a radio shack stereo system, I was not impressed and a little disappointed, all bling but no quality but still loved the truck. at that point I took it to a local stereo shop to see if it need to be updated from the 2006 player that was in the truck in the hopes it would make it come alive!! The tech came back after looking at it and said "do you know what's in this truck" he said he could not work on it due to the high quality equipment installed in it, I would need an expert to look at it? so I did find a high end dealer and dropped it off for them to go through it and give me an idea why it sounded the way it did. After a few day's i went to pick it up, and well to say it sound awesome is an understatement! to find out its a custom alpine, focal, matched competition system and after setting all the dials and crossovers to the proper settings it came to life. so now that i have pissed my Nabors off a few time's I am happy with the system. one thing is missing from the truck that I cant find is an ash tray door assembly but will keep looking. thank you all for your post on this site it helps when you have questions knowing you all have been helping other ssr owners solve there problems. Cant wait for show season!!!

Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
@Showkat1, others will chime in on the parts, meantime--Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Nick & Kathy

Slingshot Rules!

WELCOME, Showkat . . . and CONGRATS on your "new" SSR.

Sounds like you found and "adopted" a real KEEPER. How about some pictures for all of us to enjoy.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

Premium Member
Hello from So Cal
you have come to the right place for all things SSR.
Enjoy the Permagrin.

Perfectionist
05 Redline, 06 Pac Blue, Spfld, Illinois
I too wanted one from the time I seen it at the chicago auto show. Welcome to the club!

Super Moderator
Some may call us weird, but many of us enjoy both the Prowler and SSR
Hate them or love - I happen to love them both
I just could not fit in the Prowler anymore - a struggle to get my head in the SSR roof up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
WELCOME, Showkat . . . and CONGRATS on your "new" SSR.

Sounds like you found and "adopted" a real KEEPER. How about some pictures for all of us to enjoy.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !
Will get some pictures tomorrow where do you post them still trying to figure out the posting rules.

The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
Hellooooo from Cincinnati my flame brother!
Join us in Cincinnati at the 2021 International Rally in September and we'll get all the flamed trucks together for a photo op!
Here's my 2 in the stable....

Premium Member
Welcome aboard from the 鈥楽ooner鈥 state of Oklahoma. Hope you enjoy your 鈥榬ide鈥.

Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
Welcome to the Fanatic Family! I love flames but don't have a flame truck! I'll look forward to seeing the pictures! Another invitation to meet your new family at the International Rally in Cincinnati but also a pending Rally in Maggie Valley, NC in May and also a great road trip to Deadwood SD in June. We'd love to meet you and see and hear your truck and stereo! 馃槈

Reactions: Showkat1

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Join us in Cincinnati at the 2021 International Rally in September and we'll get all the flamed trucks together for a photo op!
View attachment 591132
View attachment 591132

My two in for the winter, hope it get sunny soon,

1 - 20 of 37 Posts