Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Aqua Blur, auto
67 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. I like the flames too!

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Welcome from deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas! PS. It’s a scientific fact that flames and the color yellow will make your R much faster. :cool:

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,785 Posts
View attachment 591144
My two in for the winter, hope it get sunny soon,
Nice twins there! I saw your SSR when it was up for sale and tried to figure a way to get it, but no garage space! I'm glad it landed with you for your other bookend like mine. Have you thought about Cincinnati in September?

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
48,476 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Hello Ssr people, finally got me a ssr after seeing them from day one but never pulled the trigger. i have a Plymouth prowler and enjoy showing it for the last few years but every time I go to the shows i see a ssr here and there and say like most people "man i like ssr's i always wanted one" i know this because everyone say's that about my prowler. the ssr came up for sale and it had flames. well so does my prowler! I know flames are not everyone's cup of tea but i like them.
I bought the truck and had it shipped to me pretty much pictures only but had faith in the place i bought it from, they were up front about everything. Thanks North Freeway hyundai. so when it was delivered to my house I started playing with it checking out the paint, going over the mechanics, and looking at the the general condition of the truck i was not disappointed the supercharger makes it get up and go, the paint has some clear coat issues but all in all its cool! When i bought the truck they told me it had a custom stereo system and some mods done to accommodate the equipment and it looks really good when you pop the bed cover. then I sat in the truck and well to say the least it sounded like a radio shack stereo system, I was not impressed and a little disappointed, all bling but no quality but still loved the truck. at that point I took it to a local stereo shop to see if it need to be updated from the 2006 player that was in the truck in the hopes it would make it come alive!! The tech came back after looking at it and said "do you know what's in this truck" he said he could not work on it due to the high quality equipment installed in it, I would need an expert to look at it? so I did find a high end dealer and dropped it off for them to go through it and give me an idea why it sounded the way it did. After a few day's i went to pick it up, and well to say it sound awesome is an understatement! to find out its a custom alpine, focal, matched competition system and after setting all the dials and crossovers to the proper settings it came to life. so now that i have pissed my Nabors off a few time's I am happy with the system. one thing is missing from the truck that I cant find is an ash tray door assembly but will keep looking. thank you all for your post on this site it helps when you have questions knowing you all have been helping other ssr owners solve there problems. Cant wait for show season!!!
Welcome from Maryland Showkat, you have joined a great club, full of information and enthusiastic members! It took me 17 years to pull the trigger on mine so I can relate. Mine is completely stock but I would have gone with flames had one came along at the right time. Must admit, I have been "toying" with the idea of flames for the pac blu though, along with how to fit 3 cars into a 2-car garage. Got that done, now how to get all that junk back into two cabinets!

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,622 Posts
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds like you will fit right in. Take a look at the International Rally in Cincinnati and consider joining us there. You will not regret it.

Reactions: Firetruck and HUAW

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Congrats on the purchase of your R! I have no doubt you will enjoy it especially after waiting for 18 years to get it! It is worth the wait!

·
Registered
2005 Ricochet Silver over Smokin Asphalt
75 Posts
Hello Ssr people, finally got me a ssr after seeing them from day one but never pulled the trigger. i have a Plymouth prowler and enjoy showing it for the last few years but every time I go to the shows i see a ssr here and there and say like most people "man i like ssr's i always wanted one" i know this because everyone say's that about my prowler. the ssr came up for sale and it had flames. well so does my prowler! I know flames are not everyone's cup of tea but i like them.
I bought the truck and had it shipped to me pretty much pictures only but had faith in the place i bought it from, they were up front about everything. Thanks North Freeway hyundai. so when it was delivered to my house I started playing with it checking out the paint, going over the mechanics, and looking at the the general condition of the truck i was not disappointed the supercharger makes it get up and go, the paint has some clear coat issues but all in all its cool! When i bought the truck they told me it had a custom stereo system and some mods done to accommodate the equipment and it looks really good when you pop the bed cover. then I sat in the truck and well to say the least it sounded like a radio shack stereo system, I was not impressed and a little disappointed, all bling but no quality but still loved the truck. at that point I took it to a local stereo shop to see if it need to be updated from the 2006 player that was in the truck in the hopes it would make it come alive!! The tech came back after looking at it and said "do you know what's in this truck" he said he could not work on it due to the high quality equipment installed in it, I would need an expert to look at it? so I did find a high end dealer and dropped it off for them to go through it and give me an idea why it sounded the way it did. After a few day's i went to pick it up, and well to say it sound awesome is an understatement! to find out its a custom alpine, focal, matched competition system and after setting all the dials and crossovers to the proper settings it came to life. so now that i have pissed my Nabors off a few time's I am happy with the system. one thing is missing from the truck that I cant find is an ash tray door assembly but will keep looking. thank you all for your post on this site it helps when you have questions knowing you all have been helping other ssr owners solve there problems. Cant wait for show season!!!
Welcome aboard. The flames look good on your new truck.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts