Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellow ssr fans. I had a tpw. of 11/10/03 i still have no vin number .The dealer showes nothing on his computer. Icalled chevy custamer service but they were not no help at all. Has any one else had this problem. Mabey sombody could give me some advice.
I know cjabner53 had same build week. I wonder if he got his vin. I cant wait to get my yellow ssr.:confused :angel

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
vin number

Do you have your order number from your dealer? If so, try the GM help number I posted yesterday - 800/222-1020.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:) Thanks for posting that number. I did not realize I could check on it with my order number. Thought you had to have a TPW and a Vin to get any info. Excellent tip!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Delay in Yellow for 11-10 TPW

Hi guys, I too am patiently awaiting my yellow SSR with a Nov 10 TPW. I called the 800 customer service number and gave them my order number to track since I do not have an ID #. They said there was a delay with my order and for me to contact my dealer. I did this and they contacted the zone manager who in return called vehicle order management. We found out that the yellow color was a delay and supposedly all yellows scheduled for 11-10 TPW missed it. I knew I should have ordered red LOL! Could have saved $350 and had mine earlier. And by the way, you cant change now or you will go to the bottom of the stack. Its SUPPOSED to be a 2 week delay. Does GM need me to ship them some paint? You know the 2003 model is really irrelevant to me as far as 3500 produced. I dont think this helps the value of them over an 04 at all, possibily even hurts in the first few years. 97 Prowlers and 92 Vipers dont bring any more per say than a newer model. The 04's will have chrome wheels I hear. If I didnt have to go to the bottom of the stack I would rather wait til January now and get an 04 with chrome wheels. I guess I have no choice but to take this 03 so late in the game. And you know, I posted a few months ago about GM waiting entirely to release any til Jan and call them 05's. Skip 04 models entirely. There are no 98 Prowlers ....skipped from 97 to 99(came out early 98)In my opinion they should have only built enough 03's to meet CAFE and other gov't regs. GM Do you hear me? Give me an 05 in Jan. (Feb, March.... heck ive waited this long

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Delay

Seems there was some sort of issue with the LOCAL UAW in Lansing. They were positioning their local for additional 'speciality' vehicles to manufacture at the Craft Centre. The press release said they were 'getting back' to production now: http://www.lsj.com/news/local/031115uaw_7c.html

Though Fredline declined to provide details, he said the union made no concessions "and the corporation did a lot of good things for our membership. Though Fredline declined to provide details, he said the union made no concessions "and the corporation did a lot of good things for our membership."

"I'm confident that our membership will be pleased," he said. "I feel like GM has done the right thing and we can get back to the business of building SSRs."

"

My Yellow SSR had a TPW of 11/3. I just got the VIN on Tuesday (11/18) #1740.

Whatever the issue was - they seem to be back online now!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Delay

Thanks for the info I did not belive it had anything to do with color. I read the artical in the lansing state journal. Hopefully i should have a vin. number by next week. This is truely a great web site. Thanks agian Tattoo expert.:angel :grouphug

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Yes, it's been a long wait, but a first year release is a one time shot.

Yes, there will be changes in subsequent years - bigger engine - etc., but if you REALLY want to change the 2003 - there will be tons of stuff for that.

The more I hear ablout slammin' and blowin' this truck - the more I want to leave well enough alone. You know: if it aint broke...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts