Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all SSR's - Sunday December 18, 2005 The West Florida Chapter (Sunshine Chapter) will be hosting a meet and greet at 1:00 PM in the Tampa Bay Area. There will be a sunshine cruise of about 120 miles following the introductions. If there is any interest we will find some place on the beach for an early dinner on the way back :)

Please come and join the fun in the sun :party (We Hope :D ) Please contact me before Friday so that I can get an accurate head count. Details will be forthcoming!

My Best

Rob Veschi
West Florida SSR-Club (Sunshine Chapter)
http://flssrclubtampe.homestead.com/flssrclubtempe.html
[email protected]

·
Registered
447 Posts
Rob
I would love to attend but am not sure I can make it. Christmas UPS worker you get the picture. But please let me know the details. If possible I will be there.

Merry Xmas
Jim

·
Registered
127 Posts
We are also very interested but have a daughter flying home from college in Texas on Saturday. We'll keep monitoring for details and will see how it fits with the calendar

Tahoejoe

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1:00 PM Sunday - Start @ Starbucks

All,

The meeting place for tomorrows event is Starbucks Coffee Shop at 1508 N. Westshore Blvd, Tampa Florida. We have a route planned along the western coast of Florida and then end the day with an early dinner/snack at Caddy's on the waterfront located at 9000 West Gulf Blvd, Treasure Island Florida.

I hope to see you all there for some :ssr fun in the Florida SUN :thumbs

My Best,

Rob

·
Registered
68 Posts
Shall we meet again?

I have not heard anything so I will put this out.

A few of us SSR owners actually met at Starbucks for this "meet and greet" We discussed meeting on a regular basis on the 2nd Sunday of every month. Heck, we even made a motion, had it seconded, and then, unanimously voted in favor of the motion (there were four of us) to meet at the Starbucks at I-75 and Bruce B. Downs at 1PM on the second Sunday of every month. It is now close the second Sunday in January. I am wondering if I:
1) missed the notice
2) made such an impression that I was not invited to return
or
3) dreamt the whole thing

·
Registered
447 Posts
crown ,I plan to be there. Its been a busy few weeks. I will try to call Rob saturday, hope he can make it.
Anyone else interested? We would love to get some reguler gatherings going. I know we have alot of fanatics in the area, lets get something going.

See you there Jim
(727)6434965:party :party :party

·
Registered
893 Posts
Comming home soon

topjimmy said:
crown ,I plan to be there. Its been a busy few weeks. I will try to call Rob saturday, hope he can make it.
Anyone else interested? We would love to get some reguler gatherings going. I know we have alot of fanatics in the area, lets get something going.

See you there Jim
(727)6434965:party :party :party

******* Comming home soon and hope to see you all and become a part of the happenings.......My home is in the Sebring-Lake Placid area.......See ya soon , Wolfie:seeya

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can't Make it February

I just found out my work schedule has changed for February. I normally work the 3rd weekend of the month. Presidents Day Weekend (a federal holiday) falls on the 3rd weekend of February, soooooo, I will have to work on the 2nd weekend. I won't be able to make the meet. I will say, I have enjoyed the last two meets and look forward to more. I normally do not go to Starbucks, but I think I am getting addicted to Vanilla Latae (sp?).

·
Registered
68 Posts
SSR Sighting

I went to lunch with my crew on Friday, 20 Jan 06. I work in Pinellas Park, FL. Anyway, we spotted a Black SSR heading north on Hwy 19. At the time we were south of Gandy Blvd. There were two ladies in the SSR, the top was down, and they looked liked they were having a nice relaxing ride.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey guys the automotive engineering show in clearwater sounds good.
Rob,Dan,Simon wildcat69 and all you other area fanatics lets get this chapter going.
I am up for anywhere around for meets, getting there is half the fun.

Lets do it
Jim
727-643-4965

·
Registered
134 Posts
NOS is in and working well! The 150 shot gives a noticeable improvement without being in any way wild or unmanageable (shame really!). I ended up using a 5# bottle which fits in really well. I just bought a spare, cos I get through it a little quicker than I first expected!

I'm up for the Feb meeting, either Clearwater or Starbucks. Did we get any other interest in the Automotive Engineering show?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Automotive Engineering Show - Clearwater Sunday!

If enough people are interested in the Clearwater event, I will call the Aitomotive Engineering folks to see if we can get any parking area together ... can i get an electronic 'show of hands' as to who might participate?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sunday is approaching fast!

I am going to suggest meeting at the HarborView location. I will plan to be there at 10.00 a.m. .

Here is a link for the event.. http://www.southernperformance.com/events.htm .

This page has a link on directions. Could wrap up with a cruise along Gulf Boulevard, maybe head south for an early dinner at the Hurricane in Pass a Grille. Watch the sun go down over the Gulf.

If the interest level is there, I will go ahead and book parking and a table for dinner etc. Just let me know .....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Would Love To Go But Have The Engine And Trans Apart In My Ssr And
Nada Convention Is The Weekend In Orlando-will Keep An Eye On Future
Get Togethers
John Edge Brandon Fla

1 - 20 of 36 Posts