Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a "wet okole" seat covers for my silver SSR.

http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/CTGY/CHEV
Search for SSR.

I got the silver insert on black outline and the "SSR logo" (cost extra).

My wife likes the feel better then leather. I needed it for sports. Wanted something that didn't feel slimmy when I'm sweating or after a swim. This fits my needs.

Cost a lot. I think I ended up paying over 280
Took them 1 hour to install. I was told its one of the hardest to install.
Smells "neo" for about 5 days. But after airing out, it's fine.
Covers the front and back of both seats, so you loose the steel head rest.
They got the pattern down and its fits well. Side air bags, seatbelt holders and all.
Took over 5 weeks for them to sew it up.

With my seat covers, sun visor, dash mat and floor mats displaying "SSR", any one riding in my truck better not ask me "what kind of truck is this?":nono

I've spent more money on accessories for this vehicle than anything previous. :cry
But what a rush.

Just let me know if you want more info on this product.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Thanks … saved into Favourites. .... Give a report in 6-8 months please.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Later Feedback

I saved the site to. Would definelty like to hear more feedback in 6-8 months in how well they hold up. I do like them:thumbs Wouldn't mind having something to cover the leather. I'm a little tired of burning the back of my legs and.... when I'm wearing skirts and shorts.:lol :lol

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wildcat66 said:
sounds nice, can you get pictures of yours?
Sorry I'm not a supporting member YET (so I don't think I can post pixs).

BTW, the wet okole site is not that good, but there are some pixs with covers installed in a few SSR

Go back to the site:
http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/CTGY/CHEV
Select the blue "Chevrolet / GMC Seat Covers Seat Cover Gallery"
Then select Page 15.
This shows 3 pixs of the installed cover on an SSR.
Mine is like the first pix but instead of pure blue, its black with silver centers and of course the "SSR" emblem.

If you would still like to see my covers, just PM me with our email address and I will take some pixs for you.

Aloha

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
.. I'm a little tired of burning the back of my legs and.... when I'm wearing skirts and shorts.:lol :lol
Slightly off topic: Deb: You moving Betty Boop signature is causing a burning sensation in my eyeballs .... :D

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Marc NY said:
Slightly off topic: Deb: You moving Betty Boop signature is causing a burning sensation in my eyeballs .... :D
That's from laying your head upside down on the desk to try and peek up the skirt. :glol :glol

·
Registered
380 Posts
I wonder if that place can make an inexpensive seat cover. I made one myself from an over the counter just for when I have my dog in the truck, but didn't last.

Hotrodgirl
Betty Boop needs to move her hands too

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent fix

wildcat66 said:
So it covers up the hole in the headrest!!! What about sagging? Does it fit snug?

Yep, Its a great fit. We'll see after a few months if it stretches. But right now really like the feel lots of padding on the seat and back. I haven't snagged it yet. Knock on wood but it fells like any thick neo cover.

Jay

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mauimike you've been PM

For the rest.

Been a year. No problems with wear. Mine is black with gray inners. The gray is light so it does show some stains :( Yes, I eat in the car. One problem I've found was the side air bag cut out was too big on the original design. Kept pulling out and showing the stitch. I've heard the redesigned one is better. Not a biggy though, just got to tuck it in once in awhile.

I really like the "extra" cost of the colored piping as some of the other members got. Also, my gray SS and red R doesn't stand out enough against the gray centers. I should have gotten a dark (black) color SS with red R, again an extra cost.

I thought of getting the "Hawaiian seat covers," which can be purchased locally, located in Waipahu. Its something like these except I don't know if you can get the SSR on the covers. But they cost about 50-75 less. I heard others, not SSR owners, say they are good also. They install them and uninstall them for you if you want to wash. Then they install it for you again. Good service. Wet Okole will not uninstall the covers for you to wash.

Hope this helps, if you deciding on purchase.

Aloha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts