Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,309 Posts
Pete I am fairly new to the SSR world (1 year) and I can give you my take on buying my 2 SSRS. SSRs are a toy not a necessary vehicle. They are not easily financed through a standard bank. And lastly a lot of people have no idea what they are. So now you have several things against you and the one thing you need it the impulse buyer to see it, want it and buy it. The Impulse buyer who has the extra 20 plus grand is a hard thing to find. Now here is where a little work on your part might help get it sold for you. To finance the SSR you usually have to go through a credit union. If you are a member of a credit union I would go in a talk to someone there to see what they show the value is of the truck, get what they show the value is and what they would finance on it. So now you have a better idea how easy or difficult it might be for an average Joe to finance the truck. Also if you are a member of the credit union ask them if you could maybe park your truck on their lot for a couple hours on Sunday with a For sale sign on it and let them know they have a good chance of getting the financing of the sale off of it.
I hope these ideas help. I bought my first truck off a dealers lot and it went through a credit union. I bought my second one from a member here and I financed it through my credit union. It is easier to finance them then go in and pull the money out of my savings account. My wife doesn't pay attention to me making a payment but she has a fit when she sees a big with drawl from the savings account.
Good luck on the sale. Your price seems to be a good deal with the miles. Now you just have to find the buyer.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Yup, it's more a matter of finding the buyer than it is the price. They're out there. Like an old car friend of mine always said, there's a butt for every seat. I'd say stick with your asking price. The last thing you want to do is have your pants down around your ankles when someone wants to negotiate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great advice, I kind of inquired about what sales tax I would have to pay in Canada if I import it, their value of the vehicle was $2500 Canadian, I am not sure what the banks would use. I agree I need a someone who has cash and needs a new toy.
Thanks for the info
Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like your saying about the pants! Mine are pretty close to ground when I am wearing shorts in AZ!
Thanks

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,395 Posts
$24,000 to $25,000 US sounds about right. Hang in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts