Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tech Support/Research
1,553 Posts
If you check the service manual for the pinout diagrams of all four electrical connectors to the RDM you will see all of the signals that pass through the unit. In the 2005 manual, the info is in the Body/Roof section, starting on page 8-651.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you
snomuncher

. After seeing that my concern is with the shift lock. I am wondering if it could keep me from getting the truck out of park?

·
Tech Support/Research
1,553 Posts
The shift lock and park lock solenoids and actuator supply voltage are on a separate circuit. From the wiring diagram it appears that the actuator would be unaffected by a RDM failure, because that supply voltage feeds into the RDM. I didn't look deeper but would take an educated guess that because the RDM connection into that circuit is at the stop lamp switch, it uses that info to sense that the brake pedal is or is not depressed before allowing the roof to operate.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,028 Posts
Ha, I see snowmuncher posted about the same time. I forgot to mention it is dark green AND white wire to check for voltage and it is a signal FROM the solenoid to the RDM. An input to the RDM from the shifter would not cause an issue at the shifter........ it would cause a non opening condition of the roof.

Is the problem all the time or intermittent?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts