Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the scene:
Saturday night, 7:30PM, parking lot of a small but busy coastal Maine restaurant. Wife and I pull into the lot in the (yellow) SSR. Hmmmmm...no parking spots....looks busy. Pull ahead some more, turn a corner, see a spot....and lo and behold, what's next to that spot, but ANOTHER SSR!!! (UltraViolet) There probably weren't more than a tiny handful of SSRs out in the whole 6,500+ square miles of this state on this particular rainy evening. Heck, I've still only seen ONE on the road (not including those parked at dealers) in 10s of 1000s of miles of driving since SSRs hit the streets. Wierd.

Any other stories like this?

·
Registered
601 Posts
What the luck. Did you get to meet the owner of the other SSR?

I had something that was exciting. I was up in Annapolis, MD about 40 miles from the house in Washington, DC. There is a picture in the gallery of myself with another red SSR. This owner just moved about half mile from me in DC. To make a long story short. We were on our way back from Annapolis and saw the other SSR on his way to Annapolis. My girlfriend and I thought that it is a small world. We knew it was him because the company has 5 SSR but only one red one.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part II to the "What Are the Chances?" Thread

Yes, we met the lady owner. This is another story onto itself. We chit-chatted with her on the way into the restaraunt; she was on her way out and had spotted us driving in. She mentioned to my wife how she hates parking in lots like we were in because of the fear of being hit.

Here's the good part:
When she left a few minutes later SHE backed her SSR right into a Cavalier, destroying the Cavalier's passenger door and knocking the mirror to the ground. Also smashed her SSR's driver side taillight, possibly other damage. I did not witness the actual mishap but saw the results on the other vehicle. Ouch. Too wierd, and no, I am not making this up.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I understand your concerns about parking. My girlfriend was at the airport shortly after buying the truck. She parked in a space with no one around. Went in to the airport put her nephew on the plane. Came out and someone had nicked the back drivers side bumper. I was pissed.

Another time We were at a local mall. Parked way away from the door. Between two BWM's. Came out had a hooty parked so close that I could barly get it. And I am fairly thin. It just reminded me of the comercial of the car in the parking lot with now around and some one comes park so close that they hit your car with there door.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I took delivery of my SSR in Dec of 2003, took it out of the dealership for a ride. Once I was close to my house I decided to go for another turn around the block. As soon as I stopped at the stoplight, another SSR pulled right next to mine. same color...I was not too thrilled, I wanted to be the only guy on the block. It turned out that it was an SST from a different town.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Redssrloaded,

Where in Chicago do you live. I was just there. Stayed downtown. I was getting looks and question as if no one in Chicago has ever seen a SSR before. I felt like the Mayor of the city. Every where I turned, every had to stop what they were doing to see me and my girlfriend drive down the street.

:flag

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
On our first few trips from the San Joaquin Valley to the coast we were the only SSR on the road (WAY back in December/Jan). Made a day trip to the beach over this past weekend and saw two red SSR's...

They still are a rare sight in Central California - and I STILL am the only one in town (pop.10k) with one....

FYI: In the photo of the schoolhouse - in the upper right corner - on the hill - is Hearst Castle...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts