Chevy SSR Forum banner

What are wrecked or Salvaged SSRs bringing

6K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  tnhillbilly 
#1 ·
I had been looking at SSRs before I got mine and looked at everything from wrecks to high mileage trucks wondering if it would be possible to build one from either two wrecks or a flood and a wrecked one. In trying to research this I was not able to see what kind of money they bring at the salvage sales and figured some of the people on here might know. I found a higher mileage one and got it now so it is more curiosity than anything now for me. Although I do think it would be cool to do one with a narrowed rear end and a lot nitrous going through it. I did see quite a few from the Texas floods listed but I did not sign up to see what they went for. It was heart breaking to see all of them and the mold in the interiors.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
All I can say is WOW. I have been watching some of the salvage auctions and there was a front end wrecked one in Washington go for mid 2 grand I think. Blue, Non factory wheels and I think salvage title. There was Black 03 one that a salvage dealer had listed on Ebay that had been in flood water, was cleaned and with a salvage title went for 12,100. The red flood one listed above went for 5825. So it sure seems like they are all over the board what they bring and also where they are located. I am still thinking of looking for a wrecked one and building a fast hot rod out of it. The more I look at them the more I see problems with my thoughts. It may not be doable but I am still looking and working on a plan of attack. May have to back it down to a low 10 second truck, which could probably be done with very little power adder to it. Yeah like that's going to happen. If a little is good, a whole lot is close to enough.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.