Chevy SSR Forum banner

Whatcha gonna do?

• Keep it in the family for many years of fun!

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Play a while then make money on it!

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Plaly a while then lose money and move on.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Trade it in on a 6.0! (Or maybe something else.)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Sell it and buy a house in Canada or California!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be interesting to see exactly what SSR owners are planning in the days and years ahead for the little jewels. I am sure that the range will be from "play a while" to "keep 'er till I die." Please vote even if you don't want to comment; I can see where some would like to keep their plans to themselves. But you can vote without anyone knowing exactly who voted in what manner. Let's get an honest layout. Please participate. Thanks, Don

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
Since my SSR is just a "weekend warrior", my intentions are to keep it long term, however, that 6.0L is going to be mighty tempting. (hmmmmm, I wonder how much I'd get for a trade .....) :)

T

·
0 Posts
I hope to keep it longer than i normally
keep a car 1 to 2 years seems to be
my norm.

I had my Z06 for almost 2 1/2 years.

My wife tells me that i trade often to
keep having affairs with other women??

I have to admit that there`s a certain high
about getting a new car, sorta like when
a relationship starts out.

I`ll leave it at that!

Later,
John

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TarHeel said:
my norm.

I had my Z06 for almost 2 1/2 years.

My wife tells me that i trade often to
keep having affairs with other women??

I have to admit that there`s a certain high
about getting a new car, sorta like when
a relationship starts out.

I`ll leave it at that!

Later,
John
Hopefully, you meant to NOT have affairs. The way it sounded was that you got the cars in order to get the women. I doubt that you would post that here. :glol

S

·
0 Posts
TarHeel said:
my norm.
John I knew I was not alone, my wife though I had a character flaw because I bought a new car every year (usually about my birthday) wait till I show her your post.
Rick

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
My daughter is 14 and she knows that under no terms will she be driving My SSR when she turns 16 or anytime , She has already asked if I will leave it to her in my will, She said after all she is the only girl in the family.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
I have plans on mine being a 20+ year car. Can't wait til I can order the 6 liter. I might have to stop coming to this site for a while (yeah. right). All the fun you guys are having is driving me crazy with the wait. Hopefully it will be well worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Keepin' it

I plan on keeping my SSR as long as I can get in and out of it. I have had more fun and met more people in the 4 months that I've had it than I have in any other car I've ever owned.

T

·
0 Posts
zainossr said:
Hopefully, you meant to NOT have affairs. The way it sounded was that you got the cars in order to get the women. I doubt that you would post that here. :glol
Geez your going to get me in trouble :lol
Not getting cars to attract women but
getting them instead of having the affairs.

Its an inside joke between her an me. :lol

I LOVE my WIFE! :angel

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
lloger said:
I plan on keeping my SSR as long as I can get in and out of it. I have had more fun and met more people in the 4 months that I've had it than I have in any other car I've ever owned.
:agree

I tend to keep cars a LONG time - ten years or so and put about 200,000 to 300,000 miles on them. Just gotta take care of them. Although this one scares me past the extended warranty period a little.

T

·
0 Posts
ricardo said:
my wife will throw it in the trash the second i'm gone.

this was her when i came home with it: :cuss

this was me: :rolleyes:
I`ve got a GREAT wife, before i got the Z06 i
passed on the deal and went back home, and
she said if you want it go and GET IT!
Well 2 1/2 years later i`m sitting in an SSR
and was told the same thing.

She`s the keeper in my life not the car`s
that come and go as time passes. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I not only plan I keeping mine for a long time, I plan on using it for a work truck for a long time. I know many of you might be horrified to see the big purple magnetic signs I have on my blurple SSR but I sure do get noticed and that's what advertising is all about. Lots of great compliments and people tend to remember me as I'm definitely a different looking pest control truck!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Mine is a daily driver, I'll keep it till it's old, withered and used up. Maybe 8-10 years. Then we will see.

My past drivers: 77 VW Scirocco, 86 D-50, 96 Sebring Conv.

P.S. The SSR did cost more than my house, and I hold the pinks on both.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
beer100 said:
P.S. The SSR did cost more than my house, and I hold the pinks on both.
I'm only 59 payments behind you!! :thumbs

D

·
0 Posts
beer100 said:
Mine is a daily driver, I'll keep it till it's old, withered and used up. Maybe 8-10 years. Then we will see.
Mine is my daily driver also. In just over two months I've put 4,500 miles on it and 1,000 of that was pulling a cargo trailer to North Carolina and back to WV.

When the weather is better I'll probably drive the Z06 more to keep the mileage down on the SSR.

No plan now on how long to keep it but right now it's a lot of fun.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts