Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
I was wrong. After looking at clear pictures of snomuncher's 18 and 20 inch coddington wheels, I can clearly see the ladies have been right all along... size matters.:redface:

So Dragon2U and Snomuncher were correct (as usual), in calling them Boyd Coddington wheels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,313 Posts
I was wrong. After looking at clear pictures of snomuncher's 18 and 20 inch coddington wheels, I can clearly see the ladies have been right all along... size matters.:redface:

So Dragon2U and Snomuncher were correct (as usual), in calling them Boyd Coddington wheels.
Although both of the lower wheels could be Boyd Coddington designs, and based on the center cap design, that looks like a lock, those are not the same wheel.

The wheel on the right has a lot more metal to it than the wheel on the left.

Even if we were dealing with 18s and 20s, the spokes on the rears would be slightly thicker at the barrel, but they would still be the same at the hub end.

The design on the right has much smaller open spaces, even at the hub end.

If someone tried to sell me those wheels with one design on the fronts, and a different design on the rears, I aint buying. But then again, I wouldn't own chrome wheels, or anything with 6 spokes, or anything with a center cap hiding the bolts.

Yeah, I know........I need to be certified.:)

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Those bottom two are Snomunchers Boyd Coddington 18 and 20 inch diameter wheels.
If you look at them here in greater detail you can see the difference between the 18 and 20 inch.
The 20 inch has much heavier spokes but is the same design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts