Chevy SSR Forum banner

What company is best for chromed wheels?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  AC Rob 
#1 ·
Since I doubt that I am going to find a good price on a set of OEM Chrome Wheels for my SSR I am thinking about doing the chrome exchange program. This is where the company ships you a set of SSR wheels that have been chromed plated and you then put them on your SSR and ship your original silver wheels back to the company. There is a charge for the plating, shipping and you pay a deposit that is refunded as soon as the company gets your old wheels back. There are three companies that I have found that offer this service (all is the LA area). I would like to get feedback from any of you who had done this with any of these three companies:

1. LA Wheels
2. OEM Wheels
3. Wheel Concepts Inc.

The price is about the same for all three companies. The deposit ranges from $1000 - $1200 - $1500 (but it is refunded). The cost for the chrome plating and shipping roundtrip from LA to ATL is about $900-$1000. All three companies are listed on Ebay and they all have great feedback.

Any advise would be appreciated. I have already bought a set of Chevy OEM Chrome center caps with the gold bowtie from Mark on www.ssrfanatic.com (great price).

Thanks,

Jerry Carter
Gainesville, GA 30501
jwcatl@aol.com
:yellow:

See less See more
#3 ·
Have you checked your local Discount Tire shop, Jerry?

About a year ago, the local Discount Tire Shop here in Tucson did the entire exchange job on The Doophus for less than 700 bucks total. That even included having my original bow tie center caps chromed. So far, I could not be happier especially since they did all the work for me.

Good Luck

#4 ·
I have a set of Satin OEM that I had chromed. I am willing to sell them. This is my second set of aftermarket chrome. La Wheels was my first and it was a horrible experience. I searched high and low to get them done right the second time around. They look perfect. If you buy mine then you can keep the originals as I am not looking for a swap. PM me and leave me you ph#.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.