Chevy SSR Forum banner

What Did You Do With Your SSR Today?

1M views 15K replies 567 participants last post by  Stlhotrod 
The BIG one on the left looks to be a couple of thousand pounds over weight... I'm anxious to see the one in the far back right hand side come to life and get into the mix.

I found them today
From Mississippi and knew nothing of our rally coming up but attended this cruzin the coast for decades
Gotta admit this place and event would make for an awesome ssr showing during their event
There are 8400 registered vehicles here
Headed to Biloxi in the morning...

I heard that they didn't make up extra voting sheets. Only had enough for those who showed their trucks... I imagine that over sight will be corrected next time. I'm sure it was disappointing to be denied the opportunity... ?
Today was Show Day at Branson. We were registered but didn't want our R judged. So we were denied a sheet to judge others. :cry:
I couldn't believe that.
It was a head-shaker for sure.

Pulled the Anti Lock brake module off to get repaired. It was not an easy job and not looking forward to putting it back together either.
I hear ya... I had to do the job twice after I found out a 03/04 module will not work on a 05/06. Still a PITA the second time.

TIRE PRESSURE
NOTICED the left front tire seemed to be low,
checked it and it was 20 PSI.
door sticker says 30 PSI.
That seems low to me.
I normally would run about 36 PSI, What is your opinion.?
I have 315's on the back and run 33 PSI in them and stock on the fronts and run 30 PSI in those...

Well today started out great took the Little Red Truck down to Barney's Tire & Wheel to have her new Continental DWS06's put on. Frts 255/40R19 Rears 315/35R20.
All I can say is they look amazing on her, a little lower in the front , she now has her rake back.

So now the not so great or "Why Me" I leaned over and pull the latch on the glove box to drop the paperwork in and the latch, lock and surround came off in my hand, looks like the surround was cracked or broken and I now have 3pcs instead of one complete glove box lock and handle.

So looks like I need a complete glove box lock assembly or replacement door, and help would be greatly appreciated.
Same thing happened to me a few years back and my local stealership had it.

@Curbsssr did you use a specific Xpel kit/item number for your headlight application?

I looked at the Xpel website and couldn't locate a headlight kit specific to the SSR.

Thanks.
Same thing happened to me so I sent them an email about it. Here’s their response.

Update for Case CASE36125 - "Case from Website"
Hello,

Yes, we do have this kit, I just added it online but it can take some time, sadly I have no eta to provide, however you can call in at 210-678-3700 and place the order, if interested the part number is H0629-P and it should be around 41.95. I hope this helped!

Have an excellent day!