Chevy SSR Forum banner

What Did You Do With Your SSR Today?

1M views 15K replies 567 participants last post by  Stlhotrod 
I finally finished most of my spring mods. This is the order I started buying parts while I was thinking about the installation process.
Funny how one thing leads to another!

1. Installed dropped running board brackets -- It all started with these! This meant I should do step 2
2. Installed black rubber mudflaps with red bowties.
3. Installed front spoiler I bought on this site from Litemup -- Why not? The price was right and I would already have the truck up on stands for #1 and #2! IT Turned out great! But, it took 2 attempts -- for future reference with Kamanari spoilers best to remove bumper cover first. I found out it required trimming to clear SE lower rad support.
4. Might as well remove chipped up stone guards, clean and rub out body panels beneath (guards still need painted!) Why not? Running boards were going to be off for a little while anyway!
5. Clean and repaint the inside of wheels (factory chromes - had started to peel and corrode in places that needed sanding and paint.) Why not? they were off already!

Back together (last night!) finally ready for a bath and wax Saturday and a car show Sunday!

Sorry -- I do not know how or not allowed to post pictures because I am a non supporting member! (this will change soon!)

74 degrees in Ohio yesterday and sunny! Of course I had to go topless as soon as I got home from being gone for 3 weeks! Gosh, it felt great to be home and drive my Hot Rod again! :blue:

35 degrees and snowing today! :frozen:
:agree
I can't remember playing golf in shorts in Ohio in November. Unfortunately I didn't get to drive SSR to the course. I did stop by the storage place and pay a visit (payment). She's in good company, they also sell cars. Its like an indoor car show as the inventory changes. Website show only some for sale. If only$$$$$!!!!!
cruisinclassicsinc.com

Hey All

So took a big step and had Scott at Precision Alignment Temecula Ca. Install the Belltech 795SP stock strut and spring kit.

They are adjustable front struts and so went down 1" in front ( 1/2 " at a time up to 2 " lower) and 2 inches in the rear.

Seems to handle better, corners tighter, comfort about the same as stock, closed the fender to tire gap, however I'm thinking I should have gone down 1.5" in the front, oh well time will tell.
Shakatak :liebe011:
I got real curious with this posting -- I didn't read it close enough - only the front is adjustable, the rear is 2" lower period.
The part # is 796 not 795 I found this website - might be better prices elsewhere

Belltech Complete Lowering Kits Belltech Sport Trucks and Muscle Cars

I have a front spoiler - ground clearance is a concern in front - I know lowering the rear will raise the front spoiler -- This kit would allow me to lower the rear and then measure ground clearance to determine how far to drop front.

Were they able to set the alignment to the DESIRED (not stock) specs.

I will wait for Mike @ SE to produce his rear lowering springs before pulling the trigger

Autoprof

Thanks for the catch on the kit # it is the Belltech 796SP, if you would like I'll measure the front clearance where your spoiler would attach.

As far as price once or twice a year Belltech runs a rebate, so I was able to save $150 , not to bad.

Over all very happy with the ride and handling, a positive improvement all round.
Shakatak
Yes, I would like to know your current ground clearance (from bottom of bumper).
Did they get your alignment to desired specs?
Website lists appox $450 -- you got a $150 rebate on top of that?
Where was the rebate from?
:liebe011:
No hurries -- The R is in storage and my wife and I are leaving on a vacation to Rivera Maya Thursday :sunce: :banana (25 year anniversary)

Dropped her off to put torque converter, shocks , cross member and alignment done . Getting excited now !! I can't wait to drive her !!
I might suggest a corvette servo while transmission is out for torque convertor
Search previous posts -- ordered mine but didn't get a chance to install before cold weather - top of the list this spring when I do beginning of season oil change.

Finally bought it home from a long winter's rest.
I took the LONG way home from storage.woohoo
Lots of parts to install before Maggie Valley. Can't wait to get started, but daughter has a 30th birthday party
I will post pictures tomorrow.
Most have arrived a couple more still on order.
All is right with the world again. :hyper:

This is actually from Sunday.
Laid out some of the parts I have acquired and got started

I was overly optimistic.
I got chrome and other accessories installed.
Rear springs and trimmed bumped stops.
Went to install Sto n Sho plate holder I had custom made and realized to get lower radiator support off spoiler was in the way, so bumper would need to come off.
I decided I had done enough and weather was too nice.
Went for a drive. Plan to get back at it this weekend.
More pics when done

Attachments

Got the sto n sho license plate bracket installed, put 3/16 hole plugs in bumper I painted with touch up paint. It Looks good head on, but needs something for side view. I should have had them make it with the plate at an inward angle. :banghead
Oh well it comes off:)
I can reach underneath pull a ring and slide the whole thing out, no tools, it literally takes only a couple of seconds.

Now I need to get the stainless grill bars, chrome wrap or billet inserts. I will hopefully find someone that has done something I like at Maggie Valley.

Also put new chrome rear license plate frame on.
I thought it was lacking something, so put 1/8 inch pinstripe in the recess outlines to help make it pop.
You may have to zoom in to see it.

Attachments

Love the front chin spoiler/splitter. It is on my list.
Thanks _ i got mine here from Lite-em up last year - already painted red!

I would have rather purchased one from MPD -- but I couldn't turn down the price already painted.

I would have bought a license plate kit from Mike at Simple Engineering but he said it would not work with a spoiler without some modification. So I went another direction.

Went downtown Columbus last night and saw Brian Wilson Pet Sounds final tour.
Been looking forward to Concert and driving the R, but unfortunately, predicted high winds possible hail so had to leave it home. Mrs autoprof and I still had fun.
Took it out today for a quick spin, top down and beach boys in CD player.

Attachments

Installed my new custom shifter from Floyd's estate , thanks to Debbie. I also installed dash bezels that I painted last weekend.

Looking forward to Maggie Valley. I definitely want to check out Dr. Who's chrome painted parts . My steering wheel and inside door handles are crying for attention.

Attachments

Finally installed the corvette servo I bought late last year from Greg. His instructions were spot on. Just finished the test drive. Boy what difference. woohoo
Why did I wait so long:banghead

I would definitely recommend this upgrade to all those with automatics.:thumbs

Kudos to Greg Ducato for the package and instructions.

I finished the clean up from the drive home in the rain. The time spent cleaning was well worth it.

I then completed some lawn chores before I went for a drive to my good friends detail shop. He had taken the chrome shows bars I purchased to his decal guy. The results are stunning.
If I can find them, the chrome latch bolts will be ordered tomorrow.

I hope to be able to purchase the chrome seat handles and door strikers from Mike and Debbie that Floyd used to sell.

Attachments

Recently returned from one few local car shows I attend. 140 cars give or take. Got one of top 50 trophies.
Hot today so parked in the shade. Tomorrow after work, time for a bath to clean off sap. Worth to be in the shade.

Attachments

Feeling blessed....Trophy in Top 5 of class......one of the Oldest Car Clubs in Ohio.....not that many cars/trucks (no motor cycles allowed)maybe 77-79 total
Cheers....to all...Happy Father's Day to all the Father's...even if you don't pilot U.V. SSR.......:purple::black::blur::yellow::ssr:silver::blue:
Congrats on trophy.