Chevy SSR Forum banner

What Did You Do With Your SSR Today?

1M views 15K replies 567 participants last post by  Stlhotrod 
Went to meet a fellow Senior that had an ORIGINAL '06 SSR SALES BROCHURE that he said he would give me!! Met him at Discount tire yesterday getting tires for my Silverado. Conversion led to his "70 El Camino and SS Chevelle, and my '66 Malibu and Chevelle and SSR. Then his offer to give me the brochure when he gets home and finds it. Called me this morning and set up metting

Saint John's school in Dallas Texas had two tone Black or Blue over Silver in the parking lot yesterday at 4:15! WHO ARE YOU? Could it be Skywalker? My cousin sent me a picture of it so I didn't see it personally or I would have left a note

Kathy and I also just got back from town-- Dallas--Kellers Drive Inn. 50 Miles round trip. Every Saturday night is Cruise Night. Lots of BAD, WILD SOUNDING Hot Rods, Muscle cars, and Classics!! Just happen to see Kenny aka Skywalker there and parked next to him and his wife, so we had a pair of R's to show off. Plus got my #5 special, double meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions and Special Sauce on a Sesame seed Bun for $2.89!! Best deal around

Nick

Went to a car show but took the Malibu and Chevelle. Met an SSR couple there with their PURPLE OVER YELLOW, WITH RED AND GREEN STRIPES! NICE!! His name is Cliff and just moved to Forney from Pennsylvania? and is a Fanatic but been years since he was on the site. Thinks he was SSRVET? As usual I tried to search---nothing!! Any way he seems interested to get back involved.

Nick

Oh---TEXAS GROUP, my "R" got its first bath yesterday

Got Doc's Engine Cover Grilles that I ordered 6-21, in the mail today. Put them on Kathy's :purple: "Koko". Looks really good! Too bad my '06 cover can't be dressed up that cheap!

Nick

Installed the Lowered and Tucked Brackets on Kathy's :purple: "Koko". Looks Good!! May play with some spacers between the middle bracket and Running Board. The brackets are as high as they can go on the frame, but it looks like a little larger gap between the Board and Rocker Panel in the middle??!!.

Installed Mike's Fan and a new Delco Thermostat on Kathy's :purple: '04. Simple enough. About 3 hours with some piddling around. What is the Electrical component under the "upper radiator panel" on the Passenger side?? I forgot to take a picture of it, but doesn't matter, I can't post them!!!

Nick

OK. Had them put on this morning. $606.20 mount, normal balance and tax. The only thing I didn't like but no biggie, the Rears are dated 4216. The newest date in their warehouse. The Fronts are 4718. And from what I've read on here they look like they have a "rim guard"? So fingers crossed. Also put on RePop Center Caps with Ed's, QWKSSR, Domed Bow tie's.

Nick

See my thread 2-21-2019--Delinte DS8 Tires., and Bruce's You Tube post on the Factory

Nick

Attachments

Opened the back garage to pull out the Blur. Had to fetch a hose clamp for the Chevy Van. We got home late last night from a 1443 mile trip to trailer home Liz's new project car and the old Chevy was dripping coolant. Her new car is a 1983 Consolidated DeLorean that was owned by our son 18 years ago. He was the 2nd owner but had to let it go due to insurance rates. .
Cool story. A guy here in Forney, 2 streets over has a number of them and I believe he is in the Parts/Restoration business. Keep intending to go vist with him but never have.

Nick

I cranked up the R and moved it out of the garage to allow the a/c tech to get at the air handler. He complimented me on having such a fine machine but unfortunately it didn't reflect in the bill.

Dave
Are you sure it didn't reflect in the bill?!? He may have jacked up the bill because he was jealous. ?