30,366 Posts
I FINALLY took my :yellow: to a great painter for a "makeover".:yesnod

Hopefully I'll learn how to post pics on this site by the time she's done.:lol
Start practicing now.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,366 Posts
Topless drive to lunch today before I head out for Thanksgiving (without the :blue:) tomorrow.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Installed Mike's License Plate Holder yesterday and got the repainted plate frame on again today. :cool as can be with a front plate.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Top down trip to Broguiere's Dairy in Montebello for Egg Nog. Definitely the best I have ever had. It comes in glass bottles and has a large following in the SoCal area. Lots of nice comments from the other customers and the workers while I was there. :):):)

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Hey D!!!!

I'll have to drive down to Calder's Dairy for my annual treat of the best Egg Nog in Michigan and then add a seasonal "taste" to make it really festive!:whistling:

Merry Christmas and look forward to seeing you next year.

G
Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. I add a bit of Jack to mine in the evening but I like it straight egg nog for breakfast as well, along with stollen or fruit cake.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Had my State emissions inspection today. Passed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Took mine in on Wednesday and passed with flying colors. The guy at the shop loves to see it, and commented on how great it looks for the miles it has on it.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Went to Home Depot looking for some plumbing parts (which they did not have) and came home with a new Flag Pole. Amazing what you can do with a :blue: isn't it?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Not today, but this weekend

Thursday evening I dropped Sailing at LAX for a flight home and I headed for Sacramento (400+ miles) arriving at 3:30 am Friday. Took a nap, had breakfast and met the NorGal group at the CHP Academy for the days activities. Later drove to Folsom to visit my sister and her boy friend. Saturday, siter's boy friend and I spent the day in the Eldorado Valley tasting wines. We took the :blue: instead of his MB wagon because there were only two of us. Sunday morning up bright and early for a trip to Thousand Oaks, CA (400+ miles south) for a birthday party for another sister's roommate. and then home. It has been a long AND FUN weekend for me and the :blue: Next will be the oil change before we head to Laughlin in March.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new and found this thread and thought looked fun and would love to join in, if I may?

I didn't drive my SSR today but I received my cup holders and visors thingies this evening so went out and test fit it all.

Oh, and I admired it through the window all day.

Ps...I've been on the site for a few weeks now and have to tell you all what awesome trucks you have!
Part I:
Yvonne, welcome. It sounds like you also have an awesome vehicle. I would say PACIFIC BlUE might be a bit cooler, but there are alot of owners that would be happy to argue with me. To each his/her own when it comes to color I guess. Check out Mike in AZ's site www.simple-engineering for cooling upgrades first since these items will help keep your engine alive longer.

Part II:
Well, today I showed my :blue: to the share holders of EIX and SCE by attending the Annual Shareholder Meeting then took off for a circuitous (due to traffic) run to Disneyland where I discovered I had left my Annual Passport at home, so I drove home, all topless due to the really great weather. Round trip, about 100 miles. :)

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Tried to install the new CoverKing slipcovers from Costco. The driver seat back was good but the seat was defective and on the passenger side the seat looks good but the back is too short by a couple inches. Costco customer service is on the case to get me a replacement set so we will see how that goes when I return from Maggie Valley and Maine. Meanwhile I am back to leather seats. Glad it will be in the garage while I am gone.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Ran a bunch of errands, topless of course.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
It is at the dealer getting brakes. Finally after 171.954 miles. Thought it was a good idea before heading to Penticton.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Got her all ready for the trip this week!, she looks awesome .... Till the bugs!!:glol
it is all dressed and packed so I am ready to leave in the morning. Penticton, here I come. First stop Roseville, CA. Was hoping to see Kwhopper89 for lunch tomorrow but have not heard from him so I guess that will not happen.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Drove to Penticton, BC from Sammamish. WA.:59::59::cheers

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
In addition to all the things ttarob posted in the Penticton Thread I added the BobA, Jr. Long Distance Award to my :blue: in Penticton last night after dinner, in the dark with the help of a few Fanatics. Some got pictures with the aid of a flashlight or two but I'll get some this morning.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Missed it, a lot but it will be all better when I get it back from Mr. D.
Just a bit of touch up cosmetics. Went in when I returned from Penticton.
Had to drive the Envoy to my sister's Yesterday:flag for the Fourth of July. First time since Sept 2006 that I have driven somethoing other than :blue: to her house. Other guests were surprised I was there when they came in.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Took the :blue: for a trip around SoCal with a trailer behind helping my sister pick up parts to relocate her storage units because a neighbor decide, after 30 years, they were too close to hte fence between their yards, and called the city. Inspector gave her 60 days to correct the code violation, because she was such a pleasant person to deal with. I am such a good brother:blush-anim-cl:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Put the new slip covers on the seats. I'll let them sit a day or two and then stretch them again to see if I can get them Straight. :)

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
30,366 Posts
Howdy!
We got back to Lake Placid Florida on Monday, after 3 1/2 weeks on the road with the R. We traveled 4926 miles, which I know is more miles than a lot of SSR total miles out there, but we bought the thing to enjoy, and we do!
If you have never taken the Natchez trace-do it. 444 scenic miles with no commercial traffic, lots of historic pull outs, and a great windy road made for top down enjoyment. Nashville was great, Cincinnati was interesting, going through Chicago early Sunday morning was a breeze. Door County Wisconsin was a great drive, and the Fish boils, wineries, cherries,and cheese outlets were great. My 60th HS reunion lasted three days, and we really had a great time.Went to Hannibal MO.,Paduca Tenn.,Stopped at the Corvette museum in Bowling Green,many wineries and quilt museums and shops. We had to come home, as we had no space left in the trunk.
Only bad thing was that we blew a roof piston, so I will have to address that after we empty out and settle in. We ran top down for 3/4 of the trip, and had rain all the way home after the top stopped working, so it didn't matter.
Next year, up the Smokey Mountain Parkway, up the East coast, through Canada to Minnesota, then home through Denver and New Mexico!
Best,
Mike
Mike, don't forget to plan a stop in Springfield, Il. in late September. I know a 3 month trip is longer than 3.5 weeks, but I have done three of them for the International Rallies I have attended. 12 to 15 K miles per trip. My :blue: is right at 175,500 and still in good shape.

Today :blue: went to Disneyland, as it does almost every Thursday when I am home.

1 - 20 of 365 Posts