Chevy SSR Forum banner

4741 - 4760 of 8505 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,834 Posts
On this day July 5th, 2017, the "little red truck" is headed downtown to Todd's Complete Auto Care for a check up to see what's ailing her. Engine Light on, T/C, ABS, and Brake Lights also shining brightly. Tranny stuck in 3rd gear too !!! Hopefully Todd can get her back to "normal" and runnin' smooth again. "ole" Bob :ssr

·
Registered
108 Posts
I received the new grill inserts I ordered for the "Black Beauty". I put them on and it was Hell. The lower one would not mount as the mounting screws were located directly into a brace. No way to mount it. Serious design flaw. I ended up installing it with zip ties. They seem to hold it very will and mostly out of sight. It looks really great but the mounting took a bit of the enjoyment out of it.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,695 Posts
As I own a small custom sign shop, I decided to put my skills to work on my SSR. I have a silver 04. I put bold white vinyl stripes on the front hood and rear bed cover. The stripes have flames cut out so the flames are silver within the white stripes. I took the same flame design, shrunk it, cut it in white, and put it on the waterfall. Then I removed the rear fender stone guards and did a carbon fiber vinyl wrap on them and stuck 'em back on. I'm happy with the new, unique look. Wish I could figure out a simple way to post some pics for all to see but I guess you'll have to use your imagination.
@wizzr ,

I would love to see the pics (as I'm sure other's would) if you email me some pics, I can post them for you. [email protected]

·
Ret. Air Force
3,695 Posts
Spent the morning/afternoon cruise'n topless with @Light Show and @Rockd41
We went to a senior citizens nursing home this morning with our Rs (along with some beautiful old muscle cars from the 50s and 60s).
Pretty cool when the staff paraded about 30 of these wonderful people (confined to wheel chairs) all around our parked cars.
Each wheel chair was decorated with red, white and blue ballons & ribbons. Lots of military vets in the group too.
Probably the best part was to see that these 90+ year olds could still muster some PERMAGRIN!!

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Gave her a good wash and shine for tomorrow's drive to Milford, Michigan.
Looking forward to seeing some Fanatics at the Baker Cruise In!
:blue: :grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
I drove from Kansas City to Emporia, KS to our family reunion. Took my oldest daughter on a tour of the many places I lived while growing up southwest of Emporia, going to have to go to the car wash tomorrow, many miles of gravel country roads.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Worked on Jinx today. Installed my Simple Engineering front stiffener to go with the middle one. Also sprayed CCR on those pesky top latch switches, AND adjusted the tonnuae cover cables so it will open with both latches now. Overall a great day! Oh, and some high speed fun to see how it all held together.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Finally got a chance to hang out with some Fanatics today at Bakers in Milford, Mi. A Big Thank you to Soundhd (Greg) for organizing things. Had a great time!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Good news for me --- I am working overseas and my wife told me she took the SSR our for a short drive. Not because she wanted to but some workmen were repairing the garage ceiling and door opener and she needed to take it out. First time in over two months. She says it's lots of trouble to notify the insurance company she is taking the vehicle out of storage, remove the cover, detach the battery tender, and go for a short drive. Of course she has to reverse this process when returning it to the garage. Finally a little wrinkle in her drive was she got caught in a rain shower. At least she said she washed the vehicle and put it back just fine. I told her to take it easy, relax for another two months, and pick a sunny day next time.

4741 - 4760 of 8505 Posts