Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 8405 Posts

·
Daily Driver
8,808 Posts
Still waiting for our title, so driving on the idiot sticker. SSR in the shop to get some prettying up underneath. :silver:
Welcome to the family, GASilverBullet. :seeya
I bought mine in NJ and they gave me a temp to get it home. The temp was a piece of paper scotch taped to the inside of the back window, but that window's so dark you couldn't see it until you were right on top of the truck. I had a bunch of cops chase me until they were right behind me, then peel off. Couldn't wait to get my tags.

·
Premium Member
8,286 Posts
I picked up Old Red at the auto hospital. He has been in intensive care for a rack and pinion transplant. He looked bad without hubcaps and the hood emblem but I knew he would have an alignment and have the hood open and closed a lot so I had removed them before dropping him off. When I drove off after picking him up, it felt almost as good as when I picked up my best friend, Beggar, from the Vet hospital after she had surgery.
Then I went to my granddaughter and grandson’s elementary school for a program honoring vets. Very nice.
Then home and put Old Red’s missing cloths back on. Both of us are going to rest for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Went for a short ride just to get her out on the road, stopped by the bank and when the teller at the drive-thru saw my baby she asked all kinds of questions about it. When I left she had a great big permagrin on her face.

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
40,094 Posts
Nothing!!! I walked passed the R , paused , got in the minivan and took off ta work, came home in the minivan, got out, paused looked at the lump under the cover, then walked in the house and poured a captain and cola!! :glol while paused I did look at the other lumps in the garage!!

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Looked at the R and thought "how gross this thing needs a bath." Then realized well at least it's inside were a tree won't fall on it like my f350. #wind sucks #maple is heavy #body shop blues

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,261 Posts
Nothing!!! I walked passed the R , paused , got in the minivan and took off ta work, came home in the minivan, got out, paused looked at the lump under the cover, then walked in the house and poured a captain and cola!! :glol while paused I did look at the other lumps in the garage!!
:glol mine is but a lump as well, lump of coal eh

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Got up at 3:30 am and headed down to Panama City Beach for the Emerald Coast Cruise. Hooked up with Tater and spent the day talking about our Rs and other folks toys. :D

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
"The Lump"---:agree :glol:glol:glol

·
Premium Member
26,723 Posts
also walked by a few times but also booked an appt for oil & filter plus air test for wed....then puttin' to away till spring! :(

:black:
Krazy Ed

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Today, the "R" is going to be a truck! Took all the bags and cooler out of the back, and will drive up to pick up a wall cabinet that probably will stick out the back a bit. When we get home,both of us will need to get cleaned up to meet the Florida bunch at the Cracker Barrel near Orlando.

Last week when I drove through really deep mud at the sporting clays range, I found out that excess mud in your front wheels makes your front end shimmy until you clean them out!

I really do have to remind myself I bought it, not stole it, even though it seems I drive it that way.
Mike

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, I'm have been on vacation in Phoenix all week. Saw seven SSR,s while driving around this week. I tucked away my SSR last week in Nebraska before I left. Now I have the need to get home and get it out one last time for the season. I arrive in Omaha at 11:30 pm and the first thing upon arrival will be to go to my Condo garage to check on it. By the way, I have never seen 7 SSR,s in Omaha in 10 yrs. maybe two, both being mine. Some day soon, we will be moving to Buckeye Az and my ride will have brothers and sisters to cruise with. 55 degrees in Omaha tomorrow... The top will still be down for one last ride until April.

·
Registered
84 Posts
a little worse than what I thought, the whole top of the tailgate has to be redone. that mean I will loose the pinstriping I JUST had put on.. oh well at least it's not the peak of summer with a load of cruises coming up.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,994 Posts
SSR gets to go for fuel and a run to the post office to drop of more outgoing SSR parts. Before the rain start up again later in the day.

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
I took mine out today to a garage sale to keep it charged up.
I even found a new package of 20 common fuses and a fuse tester for $2.

At least it is/was not raining.

·
Proud Original Owner
17,480 Posts
I drove the SSR over to my son's place today. It's a nice warm sunny day and it felt good to drive it. I already have Sta-bil in a full tank of gas and will be putting it away for winter soon.:frozen::banghead:(

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
My SSR shut off and wont start or come out of park!

Its not the Battery
or Fuses
Or Relays!!!

Does anybody have a suggestion!

41 - 60 of 8405 Posts