Chevy SSR Forum banner

7721 - 7740 of 8752 Posts

·
SSR Believer
800 Posts
I installed my new to me soft bags. I spent a bit of time trying to get its shape squared and looking nice. May have to modify them a little to get them looking a little better.

Dave
Did the same thing a couple of months ago. Bought a pair of soft saddlebags from MikeBike, had them delivered overland international express by ablur05 from Penticton. They were flat as pancakes still inside their original plastic covers.

So I stuffed them with all sorts of car care goodies, backup serpentine belts, ignition switch, emergency fuse box jumper, torque wrench and socket for the wheels and filled up the little bit of leftover space with microfiber towels. After a month or so the sides have smoothed out quite a bit and they look great IMHO. ;)

Added a cargo net and some caddie D-rings for good measure. The wife thinks I should be able to go get groceries now. 🤣

IMG_8351.jpeg SSR Cargo Net.jpeg

P.S. Thanks again Mike and David! 🙏

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Released my Pac Blue to the insurance company to haul her to the auction salvage yard today...😭

Good thing I wasn't there cause it would have been a very sad moment... Sorry "Hot Rod", I'll try and take better care of my next one...🤗

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
With the posts about windows and regulators yesterday it made me feel guilty about not fixing mine yet. So yesterday I swapped places with both trucks and had the 04 so it was easier to work on. I had a bad door latch and needed so swap the regulator, so I figured I would do both at the same time. I had a loaner regulator in place while I sent mine out for repairs. Pulled the door panel off, removed the window and took the regulator out. I then attacked the door latch and must say it was a lot easier with the window track out if the way. Swapped the door latch and then put in the repaired window track and regulator. Plugged it in and went to raise it to put the window in and had a problem. The slides would only go up about 3/4 of the way. I tried calling the place that did the rebuild on the regulator but they were closed already. Left a message and swapped the loaner back in. Got a call from the tech this morning and we went over what to check and do to get the track and motor all lined back up. Put the regulator back in over lunch but didn't get the indexing right. After work fixed the indexing and got it all put back together. I would suggest anyone who is changing the door latch that it is a lot easier to do with the window regulator removed.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Rich "The wife thinks I should be able to go get groceries now. 🤣" the problem is not the hauling the groceries, the problem is no attention people in the parking lot. I found a way to help solve this problem. I take the wife with me and when I park clear out in the lower 40 and she has to walk that far, she said forget it next time she will go in her car and park closer. Win Win for me !!! :cool:

·
SSR Believer
800 Posts
Rich "The wife thinks I should be able to go get groceries now. 🤣" the problem is not the hauling the groceries, the problem is no attention people in the parking lot. I found a way to help solve this problem. I take the wife with me and when I park clear out in the lower 40 and she has to walk that far, she said forget it next time she will go in her car and park closer. Win Win for me !!! :cool:
Ha! I like the way you think! (y) :p

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
North Texas R’s went to ADA, OK and had lunch with the Oklahoma R’s, Kansas R and a Missouri R. We had a blast talking about out great Roadsters. No football 🏈 talk at this lunch. Lol

We had 18 R’s show up. An amazing day.

Thanks David Fox, Dinerman and John Bird for planning this meet.

Life is Good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,539 Posts
@cincyssr, Jay (non member) and I went to untouchables car club show yesterday. Wayne and Rosa had their new black/silver two tone out for it's first show and took home a top 40 trophy! I got their picture after the win, hopefully Wayne will post it....
Hmmm, wonder if Wayne or Rosa accepted the Trophy? 👍 🤣🤣

7721 - 7740 of 8752 Posts