Chevy SSR Forum banner

8181 - 8200 of 8448 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,901 Posts
Took wifey shopping put on about 15 miles topless but gained a lot of points, wifey was happy, she only spent about $300 ouch. Time went fast, it was a parade of people asking me questions about the truck. Most common question...is there something going with theses car's we're seeing a lot of them.

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,931 Posts
Took wifey shopping put on about 15 miles topless but gained a lot of points, wifey was happy, she only spent about $300 ouch. Time went fast, it was a parade of people asking me questions about the truck. Most common question...is there something going with theses car's we're seeing a lot of them.
With all this shopping you do have a trailer right or connections with UPS/FEDEX? Just kidding. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
19,036 Posts
Trimmed side yard shrubs and decorated trees . The city is doing street work in our area. They seal up cracked streets with tar. Then remove al painted strips . Stop, and crosswalk lines . This week they come by and butcher up street trees ( for contractor to put a slurry seal coat he needs 14 feet of clearance). Yes they only cut street side of tree . Then the truck with slurry seal comes by. Street looks new after. Then the repaint all the stuff and put all new street reflectors on then it’s all done

·
Registered
432 Posts
It was just a surprise to us that we couldn't judge for the folks that like trophies. Oh well, next time we'll ask questions. It's all good, we came back to the resort, washed or ride then came to our room and poured a few glasses of Caramel Whiskey we bought in Nashville. :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Had a rear tire blowout on my way to work at 6 a.m. While changing lanes, I hit something I didn't see and felt something bang under the truck. Drove 3 more miles to work and, after parking, saw that I had a flat rear tire. Just put them on new 1 year ago. I'm super happy that I had a 17" Trailblazer rim and tire to use as a spare ... that rim paid for itself today. Changed tires in the parking lot and took the blowout to my tire shop. Tire can't be fixed, and they are a size that didn't come with road hazard warranty. So, ordered 2 new rear tires from SimpleTire.com. Went with the same brand I had, Atlas Force UHP, but went up on the size to 315/35R20. Be a couple days before my tire shop will get them, so I'm riding on my spare til the replacements arrive. Again, I'm very happy that I bought the Trailblazer spare rim and tire.

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,931 Posts
Had a rear tire blowout on my way to work at 6 a.m. While changing lanes, I hit something I didn't see and felt something bang under the truck. Drove 3 more miles to work and, after parking, saw that I had a flat rear tire. Just put them on new 1 year ago. I'm super happy that I had a 17" Trailblazer rim and tire to use as a spare ... that rim paid for itself today. Changed tires in the parking lot and took the blowout to my tire shop. Tire can't be fixed, and they are a size that didn't come with road hazard warranty. So, ordered 2 new rear tires from SimpleTire.com. Went with the same brand I had, Atlas Force UHP, but went up on the size to 315/35R20. Be a couple days before my tire shop will get them, so I'm riding on my spare til the replacements arrive. Again, I'm very happy that I bought the Trailblazer spare rim and tire.
Glad you didn't get hurt and sounds like the whole situation was remedied in short order. I guess I would question after that why would you get the same brand tire? The folks on this site seem to really bad mouth the factory installed RSA,s but just kind of shows us all brands can have problems. Glad you are safe and good luck with the new ones.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
They only charged for the alignment ($75) and only swapped tires left to right and right to left of course. Think I should swap them back?
I would not have swapped tires after it was aligned. I would first think the shop would know if the tires should not be swapped side to side. Such as if they were directional or some other reason. So I would think they would know what they were doing in that respect. Now on to the alignment. Tires can be a different height to them and can effect the alignment by doing something as small as swapping them. My truck when I had it aligned, the guy could not get it perfect it was out slightly on the right side. He finally swapped the tires on the front from side to side and was able to get it perfect then. So just my 2 cents I would have left them how it was aligned. As for the rears wearing out the center tread. Usually this is from over inflating them. Pushes the center out more and the center wears more.

I paid about 85.00 for my front end alignment when I had mine done and the guy worked on it for about an hour and a half. I had rebuilt everything and had all new parts under mine.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Glad you didn't get hurt and sounds like the whole situation was remedied in short order. I guess I would question after that why would you get the same brand tire? The folks on this site seem to really bad mouth the factory installed RSA,s but just kind of shows us all brands can have problems. Glad you are safe and good luck with the new ones.
Auggie, the blowout wasn't due to a bad tire, I hit something in the road as I was changing lanes. It was dark at 6 a.m. and I never saw whatever I hit, but it punctured the tire. The "bang" I heard wasn't the tire, it was whatever I ran over hitting the inner fenderwell as it slung from my tire. I never noticed a change in the ride until I got very close to my work site. I am very happy with the Atlas Force UHP tires, they are sticky, quiet, and have a nice aggressive tread pattern. They have worn well this past year ... and the 315/35R20 size was on sale for $132 each! Maybe I chose the wrong word with "blowout" ... the tire was "punctured".

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Began loading Elsie @345 and left the Chateau @445. Trimmed out for super cruise, no need for lowering springs as Elsie is packed.

That said, outside temps are down with means IAT is way down too. FUN!

@2005SSR6Speed tweaks have us rolling along quite nicely Thank you sir!

A couple of pics taken from my copilot, who is now up on the wheel.

50FA515C-5C1F-42F8-95A6-4A32504A6FCB.jpeg
C0F39C43-7E28-43EE-8AA1-305A3D7A8FEB.jpeg

1808FAEB-B009-4BCC-8D3C-BC92937A080B.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
It was just a surprise to us that we couldn't judge for the folks that like trophies. Oh well, next time we'll ask questions. It's all good, we came back to the resort, washed or ride then came to our room and poured a few glasses of Caramel Whiskey we bought in Nashville. :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
I heard that they didn't make up extra voting sheets. Only had enough for those who showed their trucks... I imagine that over sight will be corrected next time. I'm sure it was disappointing to be denied the opportunity... 😢

8181 - 8200 of 8448 Posts