Chevy SSR Forum banner

8441 - 8456 of 8456 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,931 Posts
Weather was good so took a little run in the R. Top up but still nice. Never know when it is the last ride for this year. Topped off the tank. 91 octane, no ethanol, $3.039 a gallon. 45 miles on her for a nice afternoon jaunt.

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
:(
Added to the State revenue today with mine as (inspection) was due to get new plate tags. Our county and others no longer require emissions checking, so basically, you just hand them the fee and they give you a new inspection which allows you to get your next years new tag.

He didn't even honk the horn or check the turn signals nor lights..............:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,261 Posts
:(
Added to the State revenue today with mine as (inspection) was due to get new plate tags. Our county and others no longer require emissions checking, so basically, you just hand them the fee and they give you a new inspection which allows you to get your next years new tag.

He didn't even honk the horn or check the turn signals nor lights..............:cool:
  1. Good for NC for getting rid of emissions check, Tennessee is doing away with it also, but will be awhile because of contractual obligations.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,609 Posts
I replaced the unsightly rear differential cover with a nice and shiny (after I painted it) oem cover. No leaks, runs or errors!

Dave

·
Registered
435 Posts
Opened the back garage to pull out the Blur. Had to fetch a hose clamp for the Chevy Van. We got home late last night from a 1443 mile trip to trailer home Liz's new project car and the old Chevy was dripping coolant. Her new car is a 1983 Consolidated DeLorean that was owned by our son 18 years ago. He was the 2nd owner but had to let it go due to insurance rates. He traded it in at 24,000 miles for a VW Cabrio in Oneonta NY and had been searching for it for a year because He had some paperwork that he wanted to send to the present owner. Come to find out the present owners wife called him to tell him she didn't want the papers and just wanted the car to go away. Her hubby can't drive any longer and the car had been sitting for over 8 years in the driveway. When she called we were already in Owego NY for a wedding so we beat feet to look it over as it was only 2 hours away. We couldn't believe how bad it is. When Ryan traded it in it was mint with 24,+++ on the clock. It was sinking into the asphalt driveway and was full of water, moldy and actually had moss growing all over it. We made a deal with them and scheduled to drive back up this past weekend to bring it back to NC. Our son already has a DMC but with the great price and the fact Ryan was the 2nd owner Liz decided she wants to bring it back to life and enjoy it herself. From 2011 to 2019 the car was driven 48 miles. It has 28,911 miles on the clock now and its in Ryan's garage being torn apart to restore! I know its not an SSR but it's still cool. And there's a bunch more details I won't bore you with but you could check it out on FB at All Things DeLorean if you wish.

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Kenn,
A consolidated DeLorean is an 83 that was sold by Consolidated International after the US government entrapped John Z.
And funny fact is Consolidated is the parent company of Big Lots. They purchased all remaining inventory of DMC-12 parts and built some cars that are really 82's but re-vin them to 83. Like vin # 16303 in 83 was originally vin 11303. They added 5000 to the numbers. Somewhere in Ohio there was a Big Lots store that had completed cars for sale in the parking lot and there are pic on the internet. There were only a couple hundred cars in 1983 produced.
And it's in Mebane NC. Our son's DMC is in our garage while he works on the motor of my wife's car. He has a 2 car garage so we swapped for now.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Firetruck,
You know what's funny? When you drive a DMC 12 you can NEVER be on time to go anywhere due to people stopping to ask if they can take pictures of your car. It is amazing. This car sat in a residential driveway in a wooded cul-de-sac. when we finally got it loaded on the trailer and tied down a truck pulls up with 3 very excited men asking if they could check it out. What you hear a lot is "I've never seen one live in person! This is so cool" These guys asked us, "Where'd you find it"? I just pointed to the driveway and said "Right there". This car then was disgustingly filthy with moss and green algae all over it and people still go crazy because its a Delorean. I rarely get that when driving my Blur. But I LOVE droving the R!!!!!

8441 - 8456 of 8456 Posts