Chevy SSR Forum banner

8481 - 8500 of 8755 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
So I wanted to fix the last thing on the short list of my 04 today. I had been getting the code for a gas cap. I had ordered one and got it in so I thought oh well I will change it at lunch time. Sounded easy enough, took it out and it was different than the old one. Looked at it for all of about 30 seconds and figured it is the seal that is bad so I am going to just swap the seal out and leave the old cap on it with the seal from the new one. Two minute job if you include the time to grab a pair of needle nose pliers. I didn't get a chance to take it out for a test drive but that will be tomorrow's job. The short list if done for this year for the 04. If someone runs a deal for black Friday for a new lowering kit of it then I will have to upgrade it like I did my 05. If I go to all of that trouble I will end up keeping it.

·
BlueStreak
27,237 Posts
Went to the Post Office today, But Saturday I got up after a short night (Got home from the Panama Canal Cruise at 11PM Friday Night) and hit the road to meet Shakatak and his wife on the road to Blythe for the Dam Dam Run. Had lunch with 40 of my newest or best friends from CA and AZ and parts of Canada. After lunch headed for home and spent yesterday recovering from 2 weeks on the ship or the road. It is a ball being retired.:):):):)

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,650 Posts
I cranked up the R and moved it out of the garage to allow the a/c tech to get at the air handler. He complimented me on having such a fine machine but unfortunately it didn't reflect in the bill.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Spray detailed the outside drove it into garage covered it and put the two snow blowers behind. Took the spare wheels in to check for true and removal of old rears for recycle. I ended up having five sets of rear wheels right now. That's not exactly what I need.

Hopefully the 4 to 8 inches we are to get tomorrow melts soon. Gordy we are supposed to get similar what you had on the way to Branson.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
I cranked up the R and moved it out of the garage to allow the a/c tech to get at the air handler. He complimented me on having such a fine machine but unfortunately it didn't reflect in the bill.

Dave
Are you sure it didn't reflect in the bill?!? He may have jacked up the bill because he was jealous. 😏

·
Spirited driver!
1,076 Posts
Yesterday I took the R down to see @Hollister SSR to install the pedal set I got in Branson. Sure glad I did. He had all right tools and knew how to get it done. Not nearly as easy as it looks but thanks to Dennis, it looks awesome now!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Gee, didn't you post in another thread you didn't need a snow shovel.
I think you jinked yourself.
LOL... Yeah, I guess I did. But honestly it will be gone tomorrow. While we get snow storms, it doesn't stay cold enough to stick around very long.

·
BlueStreak
27,237 Posts
I drove to Disneyland this morning to fight the crowds through the rain until lunch. After lunch I drove to Black Angus to have turkey and fixin's with my S-I-L and my nephew and his wife and M-I-L and home for a 13 hour day in the rain. But it was a good Thanksgiving with Family so it was worth the effort. :)

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
I showed Thunder off to see some of my family members that hadn't seen the new truck yet. Put a new battery in him the day before. The MPD running boards, chin and tailgate will be coming off soon and heading to the paint shop. Wasn't really happy with the color match...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Did some top-down, windows-up cruising today to fill the tank (that was the excuse). Combination streets and highways. Clear and sunny with temps in the mid-40ºs.

Got warm enough in the cabin to turn the heat and fan down, but not off.

Ahh, that's why I bought an R. :giggle:

8481 - 8500 of 8755 Posts