Chevy SSR Forum banner

8761 - 8780 of 8825 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Keep that positive attitude and we'll all see you in Maggie Valley in May!
WE will be there! the rear spoiler and new to me SE fan are numbers 1 and 2 on list. I already drilled the holes so holes in tailgate is not an option. The updated fan also a no brainer.
The rest can wait. The goal is attending and having another opportunity to get together with my SSR fanatic family.
Looking forward to another fun filled adventure in the Valley.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Yesterday took off work early to meet up with another Fanatic to pick up some parts. North of me had gotten quite a bit more snow and I hadn't given it any thoughts. Well the snow was melting in places and made a mess of what was a clean truck. I think I am coming down with a cold so was not going to wash it by hand today in cold weather. So I opted for the drive thru car wash. I did how ever take time to put the running boards on it today so maybe it won't get so dirty next time.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,553 Posts
Yesterday was a full [email protected], @cincyssr , @MicDonna , @SSReplay met for breakfast then over to horsepower farm for cars and coffee.

From there, then it was a short trip over to see a car dealer that deals in hot rods and antique vehicles. @cincyssr had is over to their house for the afternoon for lots of great conversation and storytelling. An impromptu Sam's club shopping trip and then finally dinner at a local fave.
Great day, great family and now a repeat today with the same group over for the super bowl! Go Chief's....err...I mean go Niners! (@CruDawg made me say that!)

·
Premium Member
4,681 Posts
Yesterday was a full [email protected], @cincyssr , @MicDonna , @SSReplay met for breakfast then over to horsepower farm for cars and coffee. View attachment 573311
From there, then it was a short trip over to see a car dealer that deals in hot rods and antique vehicles. @cincyssr had is over to their house for the afternoon for lots of great conversation and storytelling. An impromptu Sam's club shopping trip and then finally dinner at a local fave.
Great day, great family and now a repeat today with the same group over for the super bowl! Go Chief's....err...I mean go Niners! (@CruDawg made me say that!)
Looks like a fun time. Sorry I couldn't be there.

·
Spirited driver!
1,101 Posts
Dreamed about it today and how to get everything done i have going on right now, as i headed home from a Saturday class.
I have parts at home to install, parts at a paint shop to install and parts at a vinyl shop. 🙀
Just not sure if i can get all this done by maggie and teach this saturday class until May. I have to teach the Saturday class to fund my addiction and finish paying for a wedding🤑
It will be worth it in the end.🥳
Maybe you can offer "extra credit" to students that help you work on the R.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Great day in beautiful Ruskin Fl. Finally got Old Yella out to stir the juices. She was perfect. Got insulation and started drywall in her new house. The best part, I asked the wife what she wanted for valentines day. She told me something that matched Old Yella and was pricey. I shopped and shopped and finally bought her this, a pretty good match....

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Love the garage and particularly the color scheme
The pictures look like OSU Scarlet and Grey
Go Bucs!!!!
Actually that is purple drywall, moisture resistant, mold and mildew resistant. It will be painted a light grey with dark grey trim to match the lift color. Red metal lower. The purple is cute !!

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,504 Posts
I don't think she is going to see the humor in that unless she paints or runs a nail gun or other air tools. Better buy her some roses or you will be living in the shop.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Took Elsie out for a grocery cruise and jump started a Trailblazer with a flat battery.

On the way home Parnelli suggested it was a top down kind of day. So we rolled with the top down and enjoyed the sun, exhaust burble and a little bit of whine. Then, well, Elsie sounded too good and I couldn’t help myself and couldn’t lay off the boost. It was a couple of short runs, but still awesome.

After unloading the groceries, which stayed in the net, I tinkered on the blue in the garage for the rest of the afternoon.

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
We took it out of the garage to do some cleaning (garage). It got so nice that we put the top down and went for ice cream. Right now at 8 PM it is warmer than it will be this next week. Snow tomorrow again after we got rid of the last of the previous one today.

I love the lowered rear. It really evens out the gap in the fenders. I would recommend.

Dave

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,553 Posts
Day 2 of super bowl weekend.... @runfaster , @cincyssr , @MicDonna and @SSReplay over for the big game. Too much food and a good game to boot. Jim (ssreplay) was the big winner in our squares game pulling out the fourth quarter victory.
(the sign is for @CruDawg benefit)

(Firetruck Fun Foto Bomb!)

Then the whole happy family....

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Installed "HURST" shifter and could not get shifter into reverse...….changed out reverse solenoid and all works now. Hoping to finish up 4.56 gears in the next week. Hopefully it will then be time to drive it.
You will like the set up when done. I had mine tuned after and the throttle body ported and polished. The tuning got the speedometer right and the port and polish gave it a quicker response.

Dave

·
BLU SSR
2,147 Posts
Just got home from the Super party weekend with some of our Fanatic Family. What a great time with a fun bunch! We still marvel at our luck to find so many friends just because we bought a funny little truck!
Thanks to Jarod & Lori and Wayne & Rosa for inviting us to their homes and feeding us till we could hardly move!

8761 - 8780 of 8825 Posts