Chevy SSR Forum banner

8941 - 8960 of 9059 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Swapped out my loaner fan to a good one I had. Pulled out some of the dent on the hood so I could get the hood emblem on the hood and that was about it. We are now on Shelter in Place so I may have more time to work on the trucks. I have some more parts but I am trying to hold off on where I go out to. I wanted to change hoses and antifreeze but the stores are limiting distilled water. The will need about 6 gallons between flushing and refilling so I guess I will go out tomorrow and see if I can get the water.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This idea is on another forum that I visit, and I think it is a great idea!

:yellow: :ssr :black: :purple: :silver: :blur: :blue:

It's early here, so I haven't done anything to mine yet, but a top to bottom cleaning is needed on my R. I hope to get to that today. ;)
I just got mine 6 days ago. Going though it. I replaced the lift rods on the bed cover replaced the right flood light. Picked up the new rear tires will mount them when fronts get here next week. Took my GG layken for a ride with the roof down.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
850 Posts
Laid underneath the blue R and installed additional heat shielding.
Then rolled around and cleaned various bits on the underside. Good days work, more work tomorrow.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,675 Posts
Then rolled around and cleaned various bits on the underside. Good days work, more work tomorrow.
AH HA! You admit to laying down on the job?
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
Good for you for figuring out how to make that work.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,747 Posts
I just got mine 6 days ago. Going though it. I replaced the lift rods on the bed cover replaced the right flood light. Picked up the new rear tires will mount them when fronts get here next week. Took my GG layken for a ride with the roof down.
Welcome. I am old and dumb. What is a flood light? What is a GG layken?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Robert, do think I can get what you used to stick to my undercoat.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Robert, do think I can get what you used to stick to my undercoat.
I don’t remember how thick your undercoating is, I’ll have to take a look. But if it isn’t too thick and we get it all clean and oil free, I would think so. I’ll keep a few pieces and you can use them as a test. If it sticks, then we can order enough to do yours.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Well @BlueStreak, today I sat down on the job. I sat on my skateboard for a good while rolled back and forth, cleaning up the running boards.

Before:
F2333B6D-D2B7-4A31-8D3E-593F133687A7.jpeg

After:
8DEE184F-61A0-4A66-962E-BC378A6F6EE9.jpeg

And then I laid down again! It was a sinister plan, I did a little more cleaning underneath and tucked the running boards.
08D9F394-D65F-4705-863F-9E86F9614EF5.jpeg

Then I put her back down on the deck and got to check out the improved stance on the new Simple Engineering lowering front sport shocks.
They dropped the front end 1”. We went on a short test run and it rides absolutely fantastic. Smooth like her sister.
CA494066-BB54-4644-AA72-B0F1021B67BA.jpeg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well @BlueStreak, today I sat down on the job. I sat on my skateboard for a good while rolled back and forth, cleaning up the running boards.

Before:
View attachment 575817
After:
View attachment 575818

And then I laid down again! It was a sinister plan, I did a little more cleaning underneath and tucked the running boards.
View attachment 575819

Then I put her back down on the deck and got to check out the improved stance on the new Simple Engineering lowering front sport shocks.
They dropped the front end 1”. We went on a short test run and it rides absolutely fantastic. Smooth like her sister.
View attachment 575821
Looks sweet. What did you use to clean them up

·
Registered
13 Posts

Before:
View attachment 575817
After:
View attachment 575818

View attachment 575819

View attachment 575821
Thx I have a bottle on my shelf

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
458 Posts
Mothers Back to Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner. I made 3 passes down each running board, scrubbing and wiping down with a micro fiber towel. I’m still on the same bottle after 4 cleanings.
Do you think that Mothers Back to Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner would dress-up the black plastic covers, parts, hoses, etc., in engine compartment to give them a good sheen? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Do you think that Mothers Back to Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner would dress-up the black plastic covers, parts, hoses, etc., in engine compartment to give them a good sheen? :unsure:
I’m not sure. I’ve only used the Mothers Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner to remove the oxidation on the running boards. From the dates I write on the box, I do it every couple years. I use 303 as a protectant on the engine plastic parts to dress them up a bit. Over the years I’ve tried a few products on the hoses but they always seem to go back to a splotchy look pretty quickly.

8941 - 8960 of 9059 Posts