Chevy SSR Forum banner

8961 - 8980 of 9010 Posts

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
We have sunshine in Texas again. Washed our Roadster. Then we went for nice cruise over to Grapevine Lake. The lake is up almost 15 ft. Beautiful day only 87. We are very blessed. 👍🙏👀🇺🇸🤠

Life is Good

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
I put my old cooler in the back. Retro style.

We may take it out and wash it again tomorrow to keep it clean and the tires round. Could put the cover on because we are not using it (the R). Our trips are from the living room to the basement. I guess I could take it to the bank tomorrow for a board meeting. My other board meeting Sunday will probably go via phone.

No going for drives to restaurants in a fifty mile radius like we like to do on about a bi-weekly basis. I am sure keeping the mileage down.

On the good note, I am putting the snow blowers back in storage and getting the Grasshopper out.

Everyone stay safe out there.

Dave

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Here is a picture after I pulled the hood out a little so I could get a hood emblem on it. I am waiting to swap the hood and front bumper on it still. But from 10 feet it looks better then it did. I also put in a new driving light that was missing on the drivers side. Fixed the RDM and updating the interior with chrome over the satin trim.

If the weather holds out next will be fix the sending unit and change the coolant and hoses.

·
Slingshot Rules!
65,633 Posts
Looks great, Bruce . . .

Just amazes me how anyone could ignore such a beauty.

By the way, have you found any rust or rot? Your contact, Keith, assured me it was a 100% Arizona vehicle. Definitely a positive and frequently sought after.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
It has been really clean every where. Who ever owned it took good care of it. It had the trailer hitch, owners manual, top tool all with it also. There was a copy of a 04 sales brochure and a magazine with an SSR article in it as well. It drives great and the suspension is tight. I am going to lower it with new shocks and springs just because I have them and like the way they look lowered. I also have a new Flow Master 3" exhaust set up, but not sure if I want to put it on this one or not. I have the same exhaust on my black 05, so I may keep this one a little quieter.

·
BLU SSR
2,378 Posts
Bruce, Just wondering if the paint is cracked or chipped at the dents around the emblem? If not, would it be a candidate for paint-less dent removal? I know they do some great stuff ,but don't know if this would be beyond their capabilities.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Here is a picture after I pulled the hood out a little so I could get a hood emblem on it. I am waiting to swap the hood and front bumper on it still. But from 10 feet it looks better then it did. I also put in a new driving light that was missing on the drivers side. Fixed the RDM and updating the interior with chrome over the satin trim.
View attachment 575995

If the weather holds out next will be fix the sending unit and change the coolant and hoses.
looks great!

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Stillhotrod.

There were two of Eric's hoods for sale.

I replaced mine with one of his after a dispute with a deer. I really like it and it is quite possible you will not be able to get one in the future.

My insurance paid new replacement cost for mine through the body shop.

Dave

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Went to the park, opened the doors, hood and bed, cranked up some tunes and did a little detail cleaning. 70+ degrees out and felt good with my one truck car show!
You think you had fun. I spent the day building urinal stall and slop sink plumbing wall. Whoo- Hoo

8961 - 8980 of 9010 Posts