Chevy SSR Forum banner

9021 - 9030 of 9030 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,666 Posts
I think you should set that towel on fire and leave it out as warning to the other towels not to mess with you!
With his luck the towel would catch a gust of wind and get into the garage. I would just throw it away .

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,719 Posts
My son is a real over the top car guy and he says his research says you should not wash micro fiber towels and definitely they can't be dried. He says they are basically a new only situation and if dirty or you wash them then they are grease rags or thrown out. If you buy them right in volume the cost is not much more then good paper towels.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
My son is a real over the top car guy and he says his research says you should not wash micro fiber towels and definitely they can't be dried. He says they are basically a new only situation and if dirty or you wash them then they are grease rags or thrown out. If you buy them right in volume the cost is not much more then good paper towels.
That's interesting. What exactly happens if they are washed and dried???

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,719 Posts
That's interesting. What exactly happens if they are washed and dried???
He says the micro fiber part has some kind of plastic or synthetic content in it and it breaks down and can cause scratches. I wash mine and reuse them but since he said that If I wash them they go in the grease rag pile. I have a ton of new ones so I just use them.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,719 Posts
I am as confused as the next guy so I Googled the micro fiber rag cleaning and here is what makes sense. You can wash but there are special instructions. Enjoy the read.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I had seen something similar and it was after I had washed and dried my towels. I will probably keep using them until I see a difference in their performance then swap them out. I get them from Costco in the big bags and usually get two at a time.

I guess if this virus stuff keeps up they could be used for other wiping if you know what I mean. Then tossed and that would give me a reason to buy new ones.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
By reading the article, it appears the main issue is with absorbency. I'm sure the manufacturers of the towels would love for people to throw them away and buy more. More $$ for them. But based on the article, I'll continue washing and reusing them.

·
SSR Believer
1,046 Posts
I am as confused as the next guy so I Googled the micro fiber rag cleaning and here is what makes sense. You can wash but there are special instructions. Enjoy the read.

I read a similar article a few years ago. Good info. (y) That’s what I do. Use them once, keep them separate, wash them separately (delicate setting ;) ) and hang to dry. They even have their own “laundry basket”. :p

E1AD4997-8D23-4578-A891-A6BF18F52A0E.jpeg

9021 - 9030 of 9030 Posts