Chevy SSR Forum banner

9061 - 9080 of 9432 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Redline Red
24 Posts
On the weekend I installed a couple warning decals from Simple Engineering (Thanks Mike!) as well as the new console drink holder. Today we are working on Mike's ABS module heat shield and polished hood struts. All the items from Simple Engineering are great quality but I am sure you all know that already.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Another beautiful day here in the "Land of Enchantment", New Mexico. The wife and I decided to take a topless drive to the crest of the Sandia Mountains. The SSR was topless, of course. For those of you who have never been here, Albuquerque is at the base of the Sandia mountains. The city is at 5000 ft elevation and the mountains are at 10000 ft. There is a twisty 2-lane, road on the back side of the mountains that goes to the top. An awesome drive. We left late morning and made our way to the top. Killer views and yes, still snow up there. On the way back, we stopped at a great BBQ place in Cedar Crest, NM. The restaurant seating area is closed but they still do take out, so, the's what we did. And we ate our late lunch sittinig in the truck under sunny warm skies while looking at the mountains. A huge permagrin all the way.
We made this drive while on vacation last year.. sadly, not in the R.... and about halfway up stumbled on to a crew filming a scene from Better Call Saul. BEAUTIFUL scenery and a pretty cool experience all around.

·
Spirited driver!
1,240 Posts
Another beautiful day here in the "Land of Enchantment", New Mexico. The wife and I decided to take a topless drive to the crest of the Sandia Mountains. The SSR was topless, of course. For those of you who have never been here, Albuquerque is at the base of the Sandia mountains. The city is at 5000 ft elevation and the mountains are at 10000 ft. There is a twisty 2-lane, road on the back side of the mountains that goes to the top. An awesome drive. We left late morning and made our way to the top. Killer views and yes, still snow up there. On the way back, we stopped at a great BBQ place in Cedar Crest, NM. The restaurant seating area is closed but they still do take out, so, the's what we did. And we ate our late lunch sittinig in the truck under sunny warm skies while looking at the mountains. A huge permagrin all the way.
I didn't make it up to the Crest but on the front side there is a neat little trail known as Forest Service Rd. 333. Absolutely beautiful first thing in the morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
What the heck??? You guys made all the way to Abq. NM and didn't reach out? You missed free drinks or a dinner. My feelings are hurt...:cry::cry::cry:

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,143 Posts
Finished laundry and raked all the big ruts out of the driveway mud and had lunch. It was 74 degrees and sunny so took the SSR out. Dropped the top and ran to rapid on the back roads. Mailed some checks, roadside drop off at post office and got gas and came home because it got cloudy, super windy and black like rain is coming. At least got out and got some new thoughts and scenery. Have a good one.

·
Spirited driver!
1,240 Posts
What the heck??? You guys made all the way to Abq. NM and didn't reach out? You missed free drinks or a dinner. My feelings are hurt...:cry::cry::cry:
I came through there in October of 2018 as part of my 20-state tour that include SSR gatherings in GA and TX. I was on my way up to AZ from El Paso and got an invite from some friends that were in Albuquerque for the balloon festival. I knew it was an opportunity we would never see again so we diverted and spent a few days there. Speaking of dinner, we did get to go to Sadie's for dinner which was awesome! The next morning, we went out and saw hundreds of hot air balloons taking off for the morning flight. One of the highlights of our month-long trip!

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
I spent some time yesterday and today finishing up detailing more bling. Painted the SSR on these parts with fine brush and touch up paint. I first painted on some adhesion promoter. I did same for stripes but used pinstripe tape. Same process i used on other parts.

I am going to let paint dry a few more days before installing.
20200407_171037.jpg

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Tonight's project was to change the coolant, hoses and tank on it. I tried something different this time. The normal procedure is to drain the radiator and then fill with distilled water. Drain and repeat till the water comes out clean. Which on my other 05 took about 4 cycles if I remember correctly.

Well this time I drained it first. Then I took off the thermostat housing and pulled the thermostat out. I took the rubber seal off it and put it back in the housing and bolted the housing back on the engine. I then pulled the upper hose at the radiator and poured my distilled water in the hose toward the engine. I flushed it this way about 3 tiimes to get it clear. Then I had the old hose off the other 05 still and put it on the upper radiator and flushed through the radiator. This took about 3 times to get it coming out clean. Next I pulled off the heater hoses from the engine and flushed them out. They did not take more than 2 flushes to come clean.

I put everything back on and filled it once more with water and started it up and was hoping it would come out clean. No it still had a tint to it so I will flush it through the engine now till it comes out clean. A storm blew in so I had to stop before I got it done.

Tomorrow looks like I will have more time we are getting let off work early so if the weather cooperates I should have it done tomorrow. I will post up more details then.

·
Proud Original Owner
17,943 Posts
We might take the SSR out for a short cruise today if it stays nice.
Because she likes our SSR, our neighbor lady made us masks with license plates from all states on the fabric.
We like them and think it was very nice of her to make them for us.

Attachments

·
SSR Believer
1,125 Posts
We might take the SSR out for a short cruise today if it stays nice.
Because she likes our SSR, our neighbor lady made us masks with license plates from all states on the fabric.
We like them and think it was very nice of her to make them for us.
That's awesome Ron! Sandy's made about 50 masks so far, mostly for local first responders and nurses, but a few for family and friends too. Her quiliting group has made several hundred so far. Wore mine for our two-week supply run to Costco a couple of days ago. Felt strange but I was happy (and relieved) to see most other folks wearing them too. (y)

IMG_9442.jpeg

·
Proud Original Owner
17,943 Posts
That's awesome Ron! Sandy's made about 50 masks so far, mostly for local first responders and nurses, but a few for family and friends too. Her quiliting group has made several hundred so far. Wore mine for our two-week supply run to Costco a couple of days ago. Felt strange but I was happy (and relieved) to see most other folks wearing them too. (y)

View attachment 576802
Yes, I was out today first time in a while. I wore my surgical gloves and my new face mask to the bakery and then to another deli & meat store. I was surprised that almost all customers at least had face masks.
It is great that your wife is so talented and is making those beautiful masks for first responders and friends!! (y) 🇱🇷

9061 - 9080 of 9432 Posts