Chevy SSR Forum banner

9341 - 9360 of 9403 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
311 Posts
Meanwhile in Canada ...

While our SSR will never be mistaken for a garage queen, I try to keep 'Black Magic' presentable.

So much so, that yesterday I put the key fob through the washing machine wash and spin cycle while in my jeans pocket.

OMG ... don't panic, the fob came out of washer not only squeaky clean, but with only a little water inside it. Took it apart, blew out components with compressed air and reassembled. Works great and is shiny too!

Good to know that GM/Lear, made a quality (almost waterproof) product in 2004!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Oh don’t worry about it! It’s all good. I’ve had several people assume this is my husband’s car. Are most owners male? I actually traded a husband in for this car. He never wanted it. First thing I did after I got divorced last year. That and move to Florida.

I’m looking forward to meeting other owners. I’ve owned a number of nice vehicles, but this is the coolest and it’s a joy just to go look at in the garage 😊
Sounds like you traded up then. (y)

Yes most are male owned but there are some ladies here who are owners as well. We even have some that both the husband and wife own one.

You are in one of the best states for SSR ownership. Probably one of the top 3. Texas and Florida are both well represented in the number of owners.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,894 Posts
Oh don’t worry about it! It’s all good. I’ve had several people assume this is my husband’s car. Are most owners male? I actually traded a husband in for this car. He never wanted it. First thing I did after I got divorced last year. That and move to Florida.

I’m looking forward to meeting other owners. I’ve owned a number of nice vehicles, but this is the coolest and it’s a joy just to go look at in the garage 😊
Most owners are male, hence my assumption but there are plenty of female SSR owners. We're very happy to have you on board. Florida is the place to be.... Great weather and many fanatics! But start a new thread if you can and you'll get to meet the Florida gang.

·
Slingshot Rules!
67,448 Posts

Sounds like you definitely TRADED UP, LrMSSR . . .

Not just an upgrade to an SSR but the FASTEST and SEXIEST Color SSR.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,115 Posts
Consider my foot officially inserted in my mouth....:censored:
Some body told me they were going to have chocolate shoes made so when they stuck their foot in their mouth at least it tasted good!

P.S. There are tons of SSR owners in Florida. A big hearty welcome from Sturgis South Dakota.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
3,859 Posts
Can't believe you still have to put up with a State inspection--is that just a big city, St. Louis/Kansas City thing?
Unfortunately Texas still has it as well-- the only good thing is, if the "Check Engine Light" is not on, and no codes of it being on stored, it will pass.

Nick

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Its a money thing. In the bigger cities St Louis and Kansas City we get to do emissions and safty other parts of the state only have safty.

Now inline at license office 75 minute estimated wait time

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Drove the SSR to a high end restaurant for take out food last night. Boy was that a mistake. Not the drive but the food. They don't have a clue on how to prepare their grub for take out. I'll be getting my take out food from businesses that specialize in it going forward. Probably save some money too.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
We have seen this case as well. One that surprised me was the service we got at Olive Garden. They seemed to try to still offer personal service instead of just bringing your food out and handing it to you and running away. They even came around and made offers for drinks to go. My wife got a bottle of wine for $10. They said the company was offering the profits to go to the workers sense they had lost hours. Yes we could of gotten the same bottle probably for less but the workers were out there making the sales. They worked for it and again offered a little personal service compared to some places that are about as unperson-able as you can get.

9341 - 9360 of 9403 Posts