Chevy SSR Forum banner

9601 - 9620 of 9667 Posts

·
SSR Believer
1,188 Posts
No, while the 22716's are definitely longer than OEM, they are not TOO long. The 22716's do not have the 90-degree bend off the plug end, they go straight out from the plug and provide clearance distance from the heads ... I like that. The extra length covers the distance that the 90-deg bend saves with a shorter length wire. Only the front plug wire on the passenger side touches the passenger-side shock tower, all 7 others are free and clear, but with the much larger diameter wire cover (8.5mm), again, not a problem.
Great to know. Thanks!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,169 Posts
My son, the Priest, came by after Church and we went to Lunch in BlueStreak on a beautiful day for a topleess drive. We wished each other "Happy Father's Day"

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,158 Posts

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Great to know. Thanks!
Richsadams, I encourage you to read the reviews for the 22715 (shorter length) plug wires on Amazon before purchasing. The consensus among the comments is that the 22715 plug wires are too short, with a few comments that the wires get "stretched" when installed on a Chevy 5.3L motor. The product description for the 22715 on Amazon states: "This does NOT fit your 2005 Chevrolet SSR". I recommend the 22716 plug wires.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Spent a bunch of weekend time adding LED lights to my Plexiglas/acrylic/plastic/whatever wind break. I have never seen how the lights are installed on one that comes with them, so it took me a few experiments to get it right. Turned out pretty nice for an amateur. Now, to decide if I want them lit all the time... or only with the headlights... or switched.

·
SSR Believer
1,188 Posts
Richsadams, I encourage you to read the reviews for the 22715 (shorter length) plug wires on Amazon before purchasing. The consensus among the comments is that the 22715 plug wires are too short, with a few comments that the wires get "stretched" when installed on a Chevy 5.3L motor. The product description for the 22715 on Amazon states: "This does NOT fit your 2005 Chevrolet SSR". I recommend the 22716 plug wires.
Great minds think alike. I tend to check as many reviews on Amazon, YouTube and elsewhere as I can before buying most anything which sometimes leads to “analysis paralysis”. o_O Better that than being disappointed in my book though.(y)

So what you’re saying is that size does matter! :LOL:

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Finally, ceramic guy finished with "Ole Syco"...15 year old paint, ran into more than expected, took him about twice a long, ended up wet sanding entire vehicle as well as full paint correction and ceramic application. Honorable guy, did not try to "upcharge" (although he would have been justified0, cannot describe just how G00D it looks, will post pics soon, if looking to have your vehicle done and are willing to drive to the Savannah area, then by all means check this guy out, you will not be disappointed - PM me for info.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,319 Posts
Perry Clouse came by, did Ignition Switch and Roof Seal Fix.

You can see more on my SSR How to Library: Look up ROOF SEAL FIX

Seals softens over time and looses it firmness. Seals are hollow with opening on each end, sliding 3/8" round foam thru seal restore seal to firmer more resilient condition.

Perry notice a quieter ride with fix.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Georgia SSRers
992 Posts
I replaced the brake master cylinder and the thermostat in my BLACKJACK
At a car show two weeks ago the brake pedal went to the floor.
Surprise ! finally pumped up enough to drive home.
It was running HOT also, up to about 225,
So now i put in a 160 Thermostat instead of the stock 187 unit.
hope that will cool it down !

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,319 Posts
NOPE!! That will make it worse!

ECM, your computer must see 187 degrees for proper air/fuel mix.

You will be sorry! Others have tried, doesn't work, not like the OLD days.

Suggest you read: COOLING SYSTEM by Mike Moro

Dicktator

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,852 Posts
I'll wager you had the AC turned off......... If that is the case, the fan will not be turned on until the water temp reaches 226.

You will be disappointed in the result of the 160 thermostat....... Installing a lower temp thermostat will NOT change the temperature where the computer turns on the fan.

My 2 cents,

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
:(
Drove to Wilmington, N.C. in a driving rain storm all the way just to meet with the rep at Buff Masters to discuss my pending appt. to get Smoky ceramic coated. Plans call for me to drop it off next Wed. morning and pick it up on Saturday.
Did not realize while we were chatting that next Saturday is July 4th. which my wife pointed out when I got back home.

I'm thinkin' the rep didn't realize that date and they may not be open. Gotta check over the weekend and see if we are still good or need to change pickup date. :rolleyes:

9601 - 9620 of 9667 Posts