Chevy SSR Forum banner

9621 - 9640 of 9667 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Well I pulled the R out of the garage. I washed it, dried it, cleaned the engine bay, put detailer on it, vacuumed it, and then drove it back into the garage and put the cover on it.

Another exciting day here in Over 60 With Underlying Risks Ville.

I am going kayaking tomorrow the excitement has just stressed me out.

Dave

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,356 Posts
85 degrees, sunny, with 40% humidity. Just got home from a beautiful top down 50 mile cruise in the beautiful Black Hills. Love it.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,356 Posts
Now it is a 60 mile per hour wind with rain and tennis ball size hail. Glad I am home.

Reactions: Trygodfirst

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,158 Posts
85 degrees, sunny, with 40% humidity. Just got home from a beautiful top down 50 mile cruise in the beautiful Black Hills. Love it.
We will be slowly heading that way on July 6th in our travel trailer. I can't wait to see the Black Hills and all South Dakota has to offer! We still hope to meet you in August! Wish that Thunder could pull our travel trailer! 😪

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
I got Thunder all washed up from the road trip yesterday for our Meet and Greet! Shined up, covered up for the next 49 days... I know... SSR Abuse!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Went to cruise night right here in town (Claremore) Friday night. Went and cruised Brookside in Tulsa Saturday night and stopped at Torchys for a couple adult beverages w/some brisket tacos, queso & chips. Today was spent cleaning my leather and moisturizing it. Also picked up a new A/C belt and main serpentine belt. Those didn't make it on yet though. I was more content with staring at my new ride feet up and drinking a cold one as the sun was setting. 😂

Jim

·
Trygodfirst
811 Posts
Went to cruise night right here in town (Claremore) Friday night. Went and cruised Brookside in Tulsa Saturday night and stopped at Torchys for a couple adult beverages w/some brisket tacos, queso & chips. Today was spent cleaning my leather and moisturizing it. Also picked up a new A/C belt and main serpentine belt. Those didn't make it on yet though. I was more content with staring at my new ride feet up and drinking a cold one as the sun was setting. 😂

Jim View attachment 581252
View attachment 581251
You had me at Tacos
Sounded like a great time cruising and a meal

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Uncovered & Backed the Blur out of the stable today to go to the Kubota dealer up the road. Robert is one of the owners and also one of the nicest people you would meet. When he saw pics of the R a year ago he asked if I'd take him for a ride. Well today was the day. Cranking thru the gears he was surprised that it would do 90mph in third gear and had 3 more gears to go! He enjoyed the ride BUT will never buy one because he likes T-Birds and just bought an 03. Well that's OK, someone has to buy those blue dot specials!

·
Registered
696 Posts
You guys are pretty far north there in Westwood. I hope you are able to get over to Lassen Volcanic National Park. Looking forward to see y'all in Cambria in August.

Picked up a buddy from Folsom, has some serious health issues so no more two wheel trips. Went to Chester via Feather river, did a lap thru Lassen, back on 49, now home......5 day 1400 mile trip

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
@Mr Duck Great looking pictures of your trip but what really caught my eye was that Ohio State logo on the tailgate! Love those Buckeyes!
O-H! 😉

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Well it's been a long time coming, but today July 1,We got chrome wheels and new rubber........- do they look good,YEP!

My tires were 10 years old, and they can't or won't or should not remount them at that age.....

Wheel are from LA Wheels.com and the tires are Continental Extreme Contact and we had it done at Discount Tire

in Merrillville,In OH Happy Day!

9621 - 9640 of 9667 Posts