Chevy SSR Forum banner

9821 - 9840 of 9882 Posts

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
SO you are new to the wind screen. I'll ask, Is there a big difference? Some day I will get to ride in one with a screen so I can tell for myself.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
42,842 Posts
SO you are new to the wind screen. I'll ask, Is there a big difference? Some day I will get to ride in one with a screen so I can tell for myself.
It does make a difference you still get the wind without it beating you from all directions. Sherrie and I both like it.

Reactions: Railroad Guy

·
Premium Member
9,503 Posts
Absolutely no side air buffeting.. always felt like I had a leaf blower amied at my ear.. depending on speed and conditions ..

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
15 Posts
Today I switched bays with the DMC so I could work on Blur. I started out installing my recently purchased late 05 and 06 wiper arms I got from David Fox. Now I'm installing the vinyl on the windshield from wizzr. And next I will work on the LED conversion. My son and I did the headlights, and back up lights and now that my new flasher is here I can do the tail lights and side markers. Then I'm buffing out some spots and MAYBE polish and wax IF there's time. Wife had eye surgery so I need to stay close in case she needs something. BACK TO WORK SLACKER! Enough wasted time typing!
Since I live in a southeast state, I crawled under my front end of the R with a toilet brush in hand and removed all the LOVE BUGS that accumaled on my radiator!!!!
Just Living the Dream

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I finally painted and installed my Corvette rear license plate and back up light cover that I have had for four years. I had to remove and relocated my back up camera and improved the aim. Painted it, the cover not the camera, but will see if I like it before clear coating it. I like the look, but will see on the back up lights.

I removed and buffed the door jams and then painted them. Black of course. I then painted the covers that I ordered from the Corona Virus Country and put them on. I have to decide whether to wrap my door props. They are chrome now.

Tomorrow will probably remove the console and do a little adjustment on the fit. There is a gap between it and the carpet from when I put the Hush Mat in. It is supposed to be cool here (80's) so I am thinking about using a clay bar and some hybrid wax I suppose. I am trying to find my buffer.

I think I will remove the gauges and send to Dictator to have the stepper motors and bulbs replaced. I am hoping to add white dials, but we will see. I have a manual transmission so they are harder to find.

I am inventorying parts so I may have some to sell or give away soon.

Dave

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,167 Posts
I finally painted and installed my Corvette rear license plate and back up light cover that I have had for four years. I had to remove and relocated my back up camera and improved the aim. Painted it, the cover not the camera, but will see if I like it before clear coating it. I like the look, but will see on the back up lights.

I removed and buffed the door jams and then painted them. Black of course. I then painted the covers that I ordered from the Corona Virus Country and put them on. I have to decide whether to wrap my door props. They are chrome now.

Tomorrow will probably remove the console and do a little adjustment on the fit. There is a gap between it and the carpet from when I put the Hush Mat in. It is supposed to be cool here (80's) so I am thinking about using a clay bar and some hybrid wax I suppose. I am trying to find my buffer.

I think I will remove the gauges and send to Dictator to have the stepper motors and bulbs replaced. I am hoping to add white dials, but we will see. I have a manual transmission so they are harder to find.

I am inventorying parts so I may have some to sell or give away soon.

Dave
I did the white face plate and highly recommend it. So much easier to look at and looks good too!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Had big plans to make repairs on the 04 but mother nature ruined those plans. I have a emission problem and need to do a smoke test on it. I watched a bunch of videos on how to make then your self and decided to make my own version. I will try it out tomorrow and if it all works out like I think it will I will post a thread on it.
Drove the 05 Aqua Blur to the gas station and filled it up. Back home and that was the end of the fun for the day.

·
Slingshot Rules!
70,021 Posts
Drove the 05 Aqua Blur to the gas station and filled it up. Back home and that was the end of the fun for the day.

How is the Aqua Blur, Bruce? Is it working out OK . . . everything you were expecting? It sure hit me as the "Deal Of The Day" when I first saw it.

I took The Doophus to Watson Chevrolet for the Check Engine Light issue earlier this week. While there I wandered around the lots just checking to see if they had another one. No luck.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
How is the Aqua Blur, Bruce? Is it working out OK . . . everything you were expecting? It sure hit me as the "Deal Of The Day" when I first saw it.

I took The Doophus to Watson Chevrolet for the Check Engine Light issue earlier this week. While there I wandered around the lots just checking to see if they had another one. No luck.

The new truck is doing good. I think they either got it cheap on trade or the roof scared them. I put an RDM in it and the roof works great. I have updated a couple things. I will keep it and probably sell my black 05. To find a one owner, with the mileage it has, for that kind of a deal would be hard to find again. I am glad I got out there before all the shut downs.

Have a little trip coming up and will be taking this one because it drives so good.

·
Slingshot Rules!
70,021 Posts
The new truck is doing good. I think they either got it cheap on trade or the roof scared them. I put an RDM in it and the roof works great. I have updated a couple things. I will keep it and probably sell my black 05. To find a one owner, with the mileage it has, for that kind of a deal would be hard to find again. I am glad I got out there before all the shut downs.

How do you find deals like that one, Bruce? . . . I was impressed.

Definitely a KEEPER in my book.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Beautiful day here in middle Tennessee after unbearable heat this past week. Had breakfast at Readyville Mill inn with TnCharlie and GoDaddy.Stopped and took mural pictures (check out Mural Challenge). Went past Arnold Air Force Base in Tullahoma. Stopped in Lynchburg for pictures for @OLDFATGUY of the Indian pumps. Back to Murfreesboroo for a burger at Jack Browns beer and burger.
image.jpg
readyville_mill_by_taka67_d7g1cmq-fullview.jpg
IMG_20200802_113519801.jpg
IMG_20200802_114312438_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200802_114331894_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200802_122707299.jpg
IMG_20200802_130730643.jpg
IMG_20200802_133241350.jpg
IMG_20200802_151053624.jpg
IMG_20200802_154600818_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
295 Posts
Amazon guy delivered the Jaco digital tire gage that I read about here. Great gage, so easy to read, and VERY accurate. Adjusted the tire pressures on the R, and then my lovely wife’s SUV and my truck. Just in time for upcoming trips to NY and Boston In the truck.

Thank you @Auggie Doggie for sharing the info about the gage.

-John

E4484CE8-E6F5-435D-8F2D-8E23817A9D6C.jpeg

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
How do you find deals like that one, Bruce? . . . I was impressed.

Definitely a KEEPER in my book.

I do a lot of searching on the old innerwebs when I get bored. I was doing a pretty big search area when I was looking for that one. The funny thing is they had the worst pictures of any ad I had looked at. I called and talked to the salesman and he went out in the rain and took more and much better ones. I asked for some specific areas and while he had no idea what I was looking at, I did and it gave me a good idea of what it needed. I talked to them on Saturday, found the parts I needed on Sunday and made the deal the next week. I will say that Watson Chevrolet in Tucson AZ was a great dealer to work with buying a car from them online. It also helped having you put eyes on it before hand. That is a great thing about this forum, if your looking at something there is a huge network of people to rely on to help out.

9821 - 9840 of 9882 Posts