Chevy SSR Forum banner

10061 - 10080 of 10149 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 aqua blur
26 Posts
Oh, I wouldn't take them off! I look at the inside of the fender well once in a while and see how well they work. ;)

Whatever works for you. Detail shops will be happy to clay bar and do the rest of course. For some strange reason, I get a lot of satisfaction out of the clay bar process. It's pretty amazing how much difference it makes. Even when the surface feels pretty smooth, it's like glass after the clay bar treatment. It's a bit of work, but not that hard. Just be sure to use plenty of detailer for lubricant and turn the clay often. I guess I just really enjoy the before and after feel. Once that's done I'm happy to let a pro use their orbital buffers and such to really seal the deal. Too much work for me. Call me crazy. o_O :D
Thanks again. Clay bar it is

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Today we decided we have labored enough lately so we broke Blur'd out with the top down we cruised to Rolesville for a quick breakfast biscuit then off to the Outlets in Smithfield for some walk around shopping. On the way home we went to SOOO Korean Chicken cafe for dinner. Never eaten there before. Food was great, service was slow and check was a bit higher than we're used to but hey gotta try stuff. Back home in the garage. The day was fantastic temp wise, the humidity is down.:p Temporarily.

·
Trygodfirst
950 Posts
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. Love your story. My wife was terminally ill and saw a red one back in 2013 and loved the idea of a convertible as she could no longer ride her Harley. The search was on and I surprised her with a Slingshot Yellow 2005 in 2014. She loved it and we had many a drive in it. Her first words after helping her in was can we put the top down and of course we did even if we needed the heater on. Enjoy your time together my friend. Now that my wife is gone I struggle to take mine out and look at the empty passengers seat going down the road. Been thinking of selling it lately as it is not as much fun now. Enjoy your time together and don't waste a minute of it. Take care and God bless, Auggie.
God bless you Auggie

·
SSR Believer
1,566 Posts
Inspired by another Fanatic here (@Autoprof), I took a little time to polish up the aluminum A/C lines and a few fittings in the engine compartment. I was pretty surprised by how shiny they can get, complimenting the other sparkly bits.

Tried some Mothers Metal Polish, but the results were mediocore. I remembered Mike (@Dragon2U) recommending Mothers Billet Polish for the bling he sold us. Took a bit of sweat, about a half-dozen rub-downs and a little Dremel work around the edges, but eventually it worked like a charm! (y) Who knew (besides probably lots of other folks ;) )? Thanks for the inspiration Mark! (y)

Looks like the polish is in short supply for some reason, but found it at NAPA online:

UPDATE: Last time I bought Mothers Billet Polish it was about $10 for 4oz., but the only place I could find it now is NAPA and it's almost twice as much! I checked Mothers website and they don't list it anymore, so it looks like it's out of production. :( Explains why NAPA wants so much I guess. Folks are selling it on eBay for as much as $45! :oops:The stuff is awsome and I still have about half a jar but will have to look for a substitute now.

SSR Polished AC Lines 3.jpeg SSR Polished AC Lines 1.jpg SSR Polished AC Lines 2.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
992 Posts
Okay, finally got around to appropriating your excellent idea Robert. :D (Carrying the extra 125amp fuse in the saddle bag.) Thanks again! (y)

View attachment 583900
Nice, I’m glad you liked it.

But I have to say “close, but not quite”. Look back at my picture and you’ll see there are slots you can use for the cartridge fuses too. All the spares have a silver border :oops:, hence the silver writing too. I know its kind of subtle, but that’s my preferred pattern.

To that end I updated it for more clarity (in case I’m losing it on the side of the road one day):
1588ED4D-E612-4B45-ABC0-D4D7F07B24E6.jpeg

P.S. You’ll notice my fuses are all oriented the same way 🤪. It’s the little things. This picture now reminds me I still need to get a 60a Littlefuse vs. the Bussmann😎.

·
SSR Believer
1,566 Posts
Nice, I’m glad you liked it.

But I have to say “close, but not quite”. Look back at my picture and you’ll see there are slots you can use for the cartridge fuses too. All the spares have a silver border :oops:, hence the silver writing too. I know its kind of subtle, but that’s my preferred pattern.

To that end I updated it for more clarity (in case I’m losing it on the side of the road one day):
View attachment 583987

P.S. You’ll notice my fuses are all oriented the same way 🤪. It’s the little things. This picture now reminds me I still need to get a 60a Littlefuse vs. the Bussmann😎.
Always one step ahead. And I thought that I was a tad OCD. :D

Now I’ll have to get on the stick and pick up some of the cartridge fuses.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes Robert. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Inspired by another Fanatic here (@Autoprof), I took a little time to polish up the aluminum A/C lines and a few fittings in the engine compartment. I was pretty surprised by how shiny they can get, complimenting the other sparkly bits.

Tried some Mothers Metal Polish, but the results were mediocore. I remembered Mike (@Dragon2U) recommending Mothers Billet Polish for the bling he sold us. Took a bit of sweat, about a half-dozen rub-downs and a little Dremel work around the edges, but eventually it worked like a charm! (y) Who knew (besides probably lots of other folks ;) )? Thanks for the inspiration Mark! (y)

Looks like the polish is in short supply for some reason, but found it at NAPA online:

UPDATE: Last time I bought Mothers Billet Polish it was about $10 for 4oz., but the only place I could find it now is NAPA and it's almost twice as much! I checked Mothers website and they don't list it anymore, so it looks like it's out of production. :( Explains why NAPA wants so much I guess. Folks are selling it on eBay for as much as $45! :oops:The stuff is awsome and I still have about half a jar but will have to look for a substitute now.

View attachment 583977 View attachment 583978 View attachment 583979
When you're needing more try FLITZ metal polish. I have been using it for years. I buy it in a quart can. It polishes all metals and works real good on gelcoat that has gone chalky.

·
SSR Believer
1,566 Posts
When you're needing more try FLITZ metal polish. I have been using it for years. I buy it in a quart can. It polishes all metals and works real good on gelcoat that has gone chalky.
I’ve seen others here and elsewhere recommend FLITZ. Will give it a try. (y)

·
SSR Believer
1,566 Posts
Quick update from my earlier post about Mothers Billet Polish disappearing from shelves. I emailed Mothers yesterday and received this nice note back. Looks like it'll be available again sometime next year. Hope it's the same formula. 🤞 Glad to see customer service still means something to some companies! (y) As mentioned, I could only find it at NAPA now (or eBay for an insane price).

Mothers Email 1.JPG

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,900 Posts
Went to all day car show, on Saturday, at a local camp ground. It was awesome. Tons of cars and trucks and motorcycles. Good food and music also. I left at 5 pm. Most were leaving then. No judging just fun and talking cars. Most folks had never seen an SSR before. Stopped at my local Legion on the way home as they were having steak night. Went to steak night and ate way to much and brought half my steak home. Run down. Home made bread, salad, huge platter size steak, baked potato with all the fixins, home made chocolate cake with ice cream. Stuffed.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Augie we go to our VFW post every Saturday night for steaks. Friday night for baskets. Sometimes we go on Tuesday for taco Tuesday. We play 3 ball on Sundays at 4. Lots of fun with good drinks and friendly people.

10061 - 10080 of 10149 Posts