Chevy SSR Forum banner

10081 - 10100 of 10149 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,900 Posts
Augie we go to our VFW post every Saturday night for steaks. Friday night for baskets. Sometimes we go on Tuesday for taco Tuesday. We play 3 ball on Sundays at 4. Lots of fun with good drinks and friendly people.
I have been having trouble hitting it on the right day. They only have steak night the second Saturday of the month. It seems like for the last six months or so I have been busy, out of town, or just confused but hit it good last night. I agree. Good people and good food. Take care.

Reactions: Railroad Guy

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,900 Posts
Reactions: richsadams

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,321 Posts
A busy weekend but I finally got my MPD ground effect boards back from my paint guy on Friday. Felt great cruising this weekend without the frame showing! It's been a long 9 month wait...

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Went to all day car show, on Saturday, at a local camp ground. It was awesome. Tons of cars and trucks and motorcycles. Good food and music also. I left at 5 pm. Most were leaving then. No judging just fun and talking cars. Most folks had never seen an SSR before. Stopped at my local Legion on the way home as they were having steak night. Went to steak night and ate way to much and brought half my steak home. Run down. Home made bread, salad, huge platter size steak, baked potato with all the fixins, home made chocolate cake with ice cream. Stuffed.
@Auggie Doggie: a fellow "Legionaire" - let me know the next time you are near the Savannah area - I will buy the first round at post #0135...

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Nothing this weekend —- preparing for Hurricane Sally.
@WMHat: looks like you may be taking a direct hit, please be careful. #2 son and his family moved from Metairie last year to Madisonville...not sure it will make all that much difference if Sally maintains current course...all the best to you and your family...

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
959 Posts
So dead battery again, won't take a charge or a jump, just click click and now it chimes.Lost.
Recommend check your grounds, check your connections at the underhood jumper box, AND, check your alternator output for a bad charging diode. I was having a similar problem and went through 3 batteries before asking the shop to check the alternator. Had a bad charging diode. Replaced the alternator and haven’t had a problem since. If you have anything pulling a draw while the vehicle is off, be sure to isolate and turn off that gear. Also, pay extra for a high quality battery with a 5-year warranty.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,314 Posts
We'll it was a nice busy SSR weekend! Ran around Cincinnati all weekend with @HUAW , @cincyssr ,@AuntDi And I ,@Studmuffin and @BATSSR. We were pre running some events for next year's international rally. We're working hard but having fun at the same time!

And here's Larry and Bat's best @Dicktator and @6.0TOGO (chuckster) impression!

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,321 Posts
It was a great time indeed! We missed @MicDonna ,@CraneTrainer ,@oldxr and @Autoprof and their better halves as team members also but it's impossible to fit everyone's schedule and life situations. Mark was able to attend our Sunday morning meeting though which was great! This group of Fanatics are doing a great job of preparing for our 2021 International SSR Rally despite this pandemic!
More to come in the coming weeks! 😉

Attachments

·
SSR Believer
1,566 Posts
Decided to replace the idler pulley and the A/C tensioner.

Replaced the serpentine and A/C belts a few months ago. Replaced the serpentine belt tensioner at the same time. Had the A/C tensioner but after puzzling over it for a while, decided to save it for another day. Well, that day came. Also noticed that the idler pulley was "singing" a little bit now and then so I figured I'd go ahead and take care of that as well.

After popping off the belts I had the idler pulley out, put some antiseize on the new one's threads and had it back in in about 60 seconds. The A/C tensioner was another story. The tensioner's mounting bolt by the flywheel is easy to remove. The one next to the A/C compressor? Not so much. It's tight in there and the space between that bolt and the cross member is even tighter. Tried all sorts of sockets and wobblers and ratchets and what-not. Almost gave up. Came inside, got a cold one and thought about it for a while and went back out.

Finally figured out that I either needed smaller hands or smaller tools. Tools won. Ended up using a 1/4" ratchet, a short extension, a 1/4" to 3/8" adapter and a 3/8" 15mm deep socket. That gave me just enough space to break it loose and back it out. Sheesh! Put the bolts in the new tensioner, more antiseize on the threads and slid it back in place. Finger tight on the bolt by the flywheel. Couldn't quite get the other one started with my fingers so put the socket on it, started tightening it... and of course the socket pops off and falls, not all the way to the floor of course. :confused: Couldn't locate it by brail so had to jack up the front end on one side, slide under with the creeper and found it hiding on top of Mike's stiffening plate. :rolleyes: Got the bolts tightened up, managed to slip the A/C belt back in place without too much cussing. Got the serpentine belt back on with no cussing. 😇 Done.

The Idler pulley seemed to be fine visually. Might have been replaced at some point. The A/C tensioner? Had to be OEM. There were practically indentations.

🍺 Beer O'clock and it's Sandy's night to make dinner. Started raining, smoke is clearing. Life is better. ;)

SSR Old AC Tensioner and Idler Pulley.jpeg SSR New AC Tensioner.jpeg SSR New Idler Pulley.jpeg

P.S. I know this kind of stuff is small potatoes for lots of folks here, not like new rear end gears or a supercharger or whatever, but they're small "wins" for me. Keeps me busy and outta trouble. :LOL:

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Had a 2 hr topless cruise today & then put my 03 away for the season. Still have 04 on the road for another month or so but won't be as many topless cruises cause starting to cool down.
Goodness gracious... I can't imagine living somewhere where it's time to put up a vehicle the first part of September. Here in New Mexico, we're just now coming into the best top down time of the year.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Krazy Ed I know you're going to be wearing shorts for awhile longer. I remember the grief we both got at the rally in Branson last year and it wasn't even cold. Lol

·
Premium Member
34,701 Posts
Goodness gracious... I can't imagine living somewhere where it's time to put up a vehicle the first part of September. Here in New Mexico, we're just now coming into the best top down time of the year.
Winter season is coming, it's time to get ready, lots of thing to do, don't have as much time to get out for a topless cruise, once temp get down to low 60's top stays up which isn't as much fun. I still have my 04 to drive for another 4 to 8 weeks, the weather will dictate when I tuck this one away. Where I live 1st snow comes usually in November but even if we don't get snow we will have the brine crap, it just make sense to me.

10081 - 10100 of 10149 Posts