Chevy SSR Forum banner

10101 - 10120 of 10149 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,701 Posts
Krazy Ed I know you're going to be wearing shorts for awhile longer. I remember the grief we both got at the rally in Branson last year and it wasn't even cold. Lol
Hey Dave, you're right shorts for a while yet, weather will dictate that also, usually put shorts away end of Oct. A lot of people thought we were nuts, Eh!

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Goodness gracious... I can't imagine living somewhere where it's time to put up a vehicle the first part of September. Here in New Mexico, we're just now coming into the best top down time of the year.
I lived in western Colorado for 5 years. That gave me a whole new respect for peolpe that live in the north. Stay warm.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Common Krazy Ed we keep hearing how tough you guys are up in Canada put your damn snowmobile suit on and get out there with that top down 🥶 hell you won't even need a cooler for your beer. Just busting your [email protected] supposed to go into the 30's this weekend down here in East Tn. summer coming to an end hope the hell next year is better then this
last one for rally's and get together's.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Winter season is coming, it's time to get ready, lots of thing to do, don't have as much time to get out for a topless cruise, once temp get down to low 60's top stays up which isn't as much fun. I still have my 04 to drive for another 4 to 8 weeks, the weather will dictate when I tuck this one away. Where I live 1st snow comes usually in November but even if we don't get snow we will have the brine crap, it just make sense to me.
@Krazy Ed: so sad, and here we are in the Southeast waiting for October for the temps to cool enough to enjoy riding topless - another extremely hot and sultry summer, top up after 10am on most days, best months ahead...

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Julie and I took it to Omaha which is a 200 mile round tripper. The purpose of our excursion was to pick up some stainless steel bolts for a kayak trailer I am customizing, some N 95 masks, and some elastic clips.

Then on to Lincoln to Whole Foods/ Amazon for some King Arthur flower and angel hair pasta and then home.

The only time out of the R was to shut the deck after the articles were placed in. I defy anyone to say how it gets any more exciting than that.

Dave

·
Premium Member
34,701 Posts
@Krazy Ed: so sad, and here we are in the Southeast waiting for October for the temps to cool enough to enjoy riding topless - another extremely hot and sultry summer, top up after 10am on most days, best months ahead...
Don't be sad, it's a fact of life here, will still have 1 to drive for a while, maybe not much more topless but enjoy a cruise when i get the chance.

·
SSR Believer
1,566 Posts
I love this wind deflector, can you give me a source of supply ?
@vetteman62 also sells a similar (non-glass) version called a Windjammer. Can be customized with logo, text and lighting.

More about it here:

·
SSR Believer
1,566 Posts
FYI this is the ebay store for Kappa Windscreens. Google Kappa Windscreens. Located in Ohio.
We have a Kappa acrylic windscreen and it looks great. However I'd try and make contact with them before ordering anything. I wanted to get some replacement LEDs and talk to them about getting the scratches in ours cleaned up. (The original owner used a bottle of the acrylic cleaner Kappa sells online which was terrible). Sent emails, left messages. No response.

Ended up with some other LEDs and it cleaned up nicely with Novus Polish.

Kappa SSR Windscreen 1.jpeg

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,314 Posts
You know you're a lucky guy when the wife buys you SSR goodies! So yesterday being my birthday, the Mrs got me MGP caliper covers!
( Personally she thinks I drive too fast, so I think the yellow instead of red is a failed attempt to slow me down!)

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,440 Posts
You know you're a lucky guy when the wife buys you SSR goodies! So yesterday being my birthday, the Mrs got me MGP caliper covers!
( Personally she thinks I drive too fast, so I think the yellow instead of red is a failed attempt to slow me down!)

LOOKS GREAT, Jarod . . . exactly what I need.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
5,685 Posts
It's what I'm going to do. Got my roof struts for the TOY from S/E, expecting some Bling from Mike (Dragon2u), going to help new owner @the_real_camby install a loaner fan and a new ignition switch. Going to be a busy weekend. Oh, and have to take the bride out for dinner. Busy weekend.

Attachments

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,314 Posts
It's what I'm going to do. Got my roof struts for the TOY from S/E, expecting some Bling from Mike (Dragon2u), going to help new owner @the_real_camby install a loaner fan and a new ignition switch. Going to be a busy weekend. Oh, and have to take the bride out for dinner. Busy weekend.
Don't worry Robert! I'm sure if you run late working on a buddy's truck, Doris will understand if you have to skip the dinner! Right?!?

(Probably as well as Lori would understand.....)😝😝😝

10101 - 10120 of 10149 Posts